Notices

Extreme depression

Old 06-20-2010, 07:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Extreme depression

I have been going through a terrible time lately. For over aweek now I have been going through mental anguish and cry all the time. I am bi-polar and have been taking my meds and speaking with my therapist and doctor a couple times a week. I try to stay busy to keep my mind off of the depression but nothing is working. It hurts so bad I feel my heart breaking. I also have extreme anxiety at the same time. I have thought about drinking to mask the pain but have refrained.
I'm afraid I'm going to end up in the hospital again and the thought of that scares me. I hate that place, but they do keep me safe.
I could really use some feedback on this situation. Please respond.

Suzette
Old 06-20-2010, 07:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Suzette,

Does your dr suggest any change in medications? I wonder if that would help.

Prayers going out for you.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My Dr has been changing my meds around for some time now, but I do believe I am on the wrong combination.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Hey Suzette. Please keep working with your therapist to get better. Hospital may not be a bad place either for a while. I know you may not want to go there, but they can really find out what can help you with a stay like that. Please keep trying. That pain you speak of is so horrible. I wish you the best.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sometimes we need to go to any length, and that might mean being in a hospital for a bit. I don't enjoy doing all I need to do to be well either; sometimes I pray just to be made willing. I pray that answers come for you and you have the strength do as asked........
Old 06-20-2010, 09:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

My heart goes out to you. Keep bugging the doctors until you find the rights meds, or get another opinion. Just keep telling yourself you deserve to have a better life, because you do. You should be proud of yourself for not drinking.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SR Fan

p.s. Are you keeping a journal/notes every day? If you're trying out different medications, it might be really important, in order to keep everything straight......
Old 06-20-2010, 11:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Artsoul, I don't journal but I do have mood charts which I'm very inconsitant with. I can't seem to stick with a journal. Maybe I'll give it another try.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

(((Toomutch)))

Keep in frequent touch with your therapist and doc. Just take care of yourself...remember to eat...to get enough sleep...the little things can help keep you together.

If all I can do at moments is cry...then that's what I do. Sometimes crying puts me to sleep...and that can help. Otherwise, when I'm strong enough I distract myself with random funny crap on the internets.

Get well soon, S.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

TM.....I am sorry you are going through this. Huggs to you and I agree with everyone else on that you need to work with your drs to get the meds corrected.

I have a friend who is bi-polar and has suffered severe depression since her teens. She was doing pretty good with the meds she finally got on but for whatever reason they switched and she had a awful time with them. She was an emotional wreck and would begin to cry if you looked at her the wrong way. After much discussion, she made it clear to her doctor that the meds were not working and in fact....making things worse. Turned out it was a dosage issue. They were prescribing her the same amount as the other med when she in fact needed less. Thankfully she is in a much better place with the meds and keeps her dr. in the loop of any changes in mood.

We are here for you so please post and I definitely think another go at journaling is a great idea.

Let us know how you make out with the doctors.

Huggs.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Sending out prayers for you to start feeling better, for your depression to lift and for life to get back to 'normal' for you.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear this TM. I'm praying for better times very soon for you.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

((Suzette)) - I don't have any suggestions, other than what's been said above..stay on your dr and keep either a journal or try to be more proactive with your mood charting. It does help doctor's to see, in black and white, what you're going through. You may not see it, but there may be times of the day/night that are worse than others and with the records, it may give them a clue as to why the meds/dosages aren't working.

I just wanted you to know that you are always in my prayers, but I'm sending extras and hope you are feeling better soon.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 06-20-2010, 05:41 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Unhappy

..Dear Suzette,you have suffered a very long time..I know..

..please don't give up..maybe try a different doctor..

..AML..kim..x