Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Been 5 days after the last drunk fest parents haven't called don't remember why.

Notices

Been 5 days after the last drunk fest parents haven't called don't remember why.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well I am afraid to call my parents. I usually talk to them at least every 3days or so. I was so wasted 6 days ago I don"t remember a thing. My parents haven't called don't know why. I"m afraid to call them so just waiting....I know I calle because it was in my phone we talked for 45min.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
The Shocking Truth

Just call them. It's your parents.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

You might also consider getting help for your drinking.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're here seeking support and I hope that you and your parents can work things out.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Call them, theyr'e your parents and they love you. The longer you leave it the harder it will get. Just do it, apologise and then get some help!
Old 06-16-2010, 10:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Bochuck.....glad you are still posting. I remember the last time that happened to me. I remember it so well because the next morning I tossed the booze for good and got help. I am an alcoholic.

Keep on going and know that only you can make the decision to continue living that life or continue living life sober....making positive changes and never having live worrying over what our drunk "alter selves" may have said or done.

All the best.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Call them now. It'll be harder tomorrow.

They love you and will forgive whatever you said.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Heathen

Whatever you do, don't drink about it. Then maybe get some help for your drinking, or at least a plan (find a meeting TONIGHT, make a counseling appointment TODAY), unless you're planning on continuing this behavior. Then call them.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I understand

I very much understand where you're coming from. Last time I had a binge, I refused to take calls from my parents and they became extremely worried. When I finally stopped, I asked a friend from AA to call my father and tell him I was OK. The friend refused. He said it was important that he did not separate me from the consequences of my drinking. Eventually, I sent a few texts and made the call. My parents were shocked and saddened by what had happened but were relieved that I had got in touch. They are now actively helping me in my recovery programme and always drive me to and from an AA meeting whenever I visit their home town. It's hard for them to undestand the complexities of alcoholism but they love me as their son and want me to recover and to be happy. Now we actually pray together for help from God and that is an amazing thing. It may be a while before you reach that stage with your parents but if you love them and care for them, try to include them in your life by being honest with them.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

well said endless!
Old 06-16-2010, 03:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
SR Fan

I agree with the others that you should bite the bullet and call. You may be worrying for nothing. Whatever the case may be, you'll be relieved to have done it. Good luck, bochuck!
Old 06-16-2010, 08:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

You know that you are going to call them eventually, (really, you are not going to never call them again are you?), so you have two choices.....

1) Suffer everyday until you pick up the phone and have your conversation...
2) Pick up the phone and call now

Either way, you are going to have to call.....it is just a matter of how much you want to suffer before you do....you only have to say hello for the first time once

Good luck..
Cathy
Old 06-16-2010, 09:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

kmber well just like you I tossed the booze out the next day. I didn't relize until a few days later that they r pissed about something because I know I called them that night I don't remember but I saw it in my phone. It is unusual that my mum hasn't called. I tossed the booze for other reasons as I said in my very 1st post here 6 days ago. Well maybe tomarrow I'll call or not I may send a letter. They live in another state and don't have a computer.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:46 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

so true surley head. your pic of your cat made me laugh
Old 06-16-2010, 11:04 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I have a complicated relationship with my mom (doesn't everyone?) and just told my parents I was in AA after about 3 months of going to meetings. I was shocked that they were actually super supportive. Your parents can really surprise you!

GG
Old 06-17-2010, 08:57 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi grace2 I called them this morning and told them about this site they are very pleased I am here. Everything is fine now with them. Thanks to everyone to tell me to call because I was scared and didn't want to hear it all again about what I said. Well I guess I didn't say anything bad but they knew I was "three sheets to the wind"
Old 06-17-2010, 05:48 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Well done for calling them, Bochuck. So you told them about our site, did you? Wonder if they will be logging in to check up on us all?
Old 06-17-2010, 08:25 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Nice work! Bet they are as relieved as you.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:29 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

no they are in their 80's and don't use a computer