Notices

Day 20

Old 06-16-2010, 07:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 20

I am so grateful to be here on day 20 and feeling strong both mentally and physically.

In the last couple of days, anxiety has crept in quite a bit due to financial concerns and an upcoming court date. I am learning to sit through it and process what's happening, always remembering that the reason for the anxiety is two things - 1) I'm dealing with the consequences of my actions when I was drinking and 2) I believe that my brain and body are freaking out a bit without the alcohol and trying to trick me into drinking to 'manage' my feelings.

I am NOT giving into that lie! The reason I'm feeling the anxiety is due to the alcohol I consumed. I am very aware today that the very last thing that would help that is more alcohol!

It feels good to know that I am facing my consequences sober. I know that walking through my fears without chemical aid will enable me to deal with them in a rational and calm manner. I know that drinking or drugging will just make me feel so much worse and create way more problems.

Just typing all of that has eased my anxiety right now! :-) Thanks SR for helping me through another wonderful sober day. I am filled with gratitude.

Have a great day everyone,

Steven
Old 06-16-2010, 07:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Persevere, Never give up!

Hi, that is great day 20, very proud of you being able to deal with your emotions head on. Keep strong. Thinking of you for your upcoming court date. Be strong.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great!!! glad you are feeling high on life. Just get through the court dates and soon they will be in your past.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Keep hanging in there! I'm having tons of anxiety, too, but I know that it's related to my money issues, and not due to withdrawals. We're "allowed" to be anxious in certain situations and we CAN deal with it. We can use it to motivate us, and once we get through it, we'll be proud, stronger, and wiser. The next time something happens in our life, we'll be better able to cope.

Day 20 is fantastic - pat yourself on the back!!

I'm with you - no matter what, a drink is simply not worth it.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the insperation im on day 5 of cleaning up my life oxy,meth, coke,alprazalam you name it I have done it been coming off the oxy and alprazalam for the last 5 days cant wait to be at day 20 congrats 2 you and thanks for sharing.