Notices

might have a problem...

Old 06-17-2010, 02:54 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey NN,

Juuuuust to throw my 2 cents in, I am coming up on 6 months sober and I am not working AA or any other formal program. I've had an extreme attitude adjustment and rearranged how I conduct my business and redefined what alcohol meant to me and that has made all the difference. It's been hard work and there's no end to the hard work in sight. Not really worried about that.

And just as a personal aside, a lot of John Coltrane and Cherry Coca Cola have also been consumed to support this recovery process, but that's for a blog post.

Anyway, I just wanted to re-affirm what many have already said on this thread: recovery comes in many shapes and sizes. However you get there, the important thing is to get there! Being able to simply look at your situation, try new things out that lead you towards recovery, see what's working and what isn't, and readjust your strategy based on the results can take you in many directions. I have a strong feeling, based on your posts, that you are headed in the direction of recovery. Which is an amazing thing, isn't it? Recovery is a wonderful path to tread! I wish you nothing but luck and happiness on your journey!

(... and viva San Francisco! One of my all time favorite cities in the world... lucky dog!