Notices

Rough Day

Old 06-15-2010, 04:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rough Day

Not sure why today is particularly rough for me. Nothing bad has happened. I just feel down. Don't have the patients to sit through a meeting. Today is very tempting. Hopefully it will be a quiet night at the household.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ditto... bored.. tired, feel like a drink
Old 06-15-2010, 04:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I get days like that. I think everybody does. It's what we do with those days that counts. Even though I might not want to be in a meeting, sometimes I SHOULD be in a meeting. I really have never left a meeting without hearing something that added to my recovery. I've left meetings p--sed off at someone or something and later realized that an issue that had somehow slipped thru my fourth step was glaring at me like a junk yard dog. So although I didn't feel as though I got something out of it, I really did. I still think God works annonomously. God Bless
Old 06-15-2010, 04:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Trader,

I hope you feel better this evening.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

There will be days like that in the beginning. I don't know how far you are, but these days will become less and less. You will start filling up your time with things you couldn't do before because drinking got in the way. My mood swings were really bad in the beginning too, but that also will ease up. If it doesn't then please think about seeing a doctor about depression. I had depression, but that has disappeared and the anxiety I had is gone too. Life does get better. Don't veer off course. Its not worth it. Trust me.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

There is no day so bad that a drink cannot make it worse.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Like Horselover says: there are definite mood swings at first. I found myself going from joy over being sober, to boredom, to irritation, to feeling overwhelmed. So much time and energy went to my drinking, it was hard to know what to do with myself. And now that we're feeling our feelings again, it's not always comfortable.

Everybody says it will get better, so I going to go with that!!
Old 06-15-2010, 07:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I empathize. Booze was a stimulant for me and I'd run around like a chicken with my head cut off after work doing all sorts of things (cook, cut the grass, do the dishes, do laundry, etc.)

I was constantly motivated by the fact that I could reward myself with booze and eventually decompress at the end of the evening.

I've only got a little over a week in but I feel benign & lethargic. It's not a bad thing, but I'm not used to having that nervous alcoholic energy that came with my routine. Definitely not used to this sobriety thing yet
Old 06-15-2010, 09:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well finally calmed down after taking Lorazapam. Hate taking that stuff but it does help. Feel like I'm starting a new addiction to cure another.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I had that too but made myself go to meetings...mind you it was only cos i got a sponsor and was working the steps otherwise i defo wouldnt have gone when it that state of mind?!

The meetings you need to go to in early recovery are the ones you dont want to...i couldnt wait to get the work done and get freedom from alcoholism to be able to pick and choose meetings like the people i saw in the rooms that had recovered...