Notices

Need a little support

Old 06-13-2010, 05:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Need a little support

Hey guys,

I'm on day two and it's feeling a little rough. Last night I started feeling real anxiety and depression around the time I would have normally been hammered by. This morning I woke up with an all day headache, I've been exhausted, and my fuse with my two year old has been so short. I'm finding it hard to get started on my homework since I used to use alcohol as a motivator to do it. Now it's back to that time of day where I would normally be drunk and I'm feeling the anxiety again. My palms are sweating. Just wanted to know if this is normal. How did you all work through this?
Old 06-13-2010, 05:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

It sounds pretty normal to me.

It takes awhile for your body and your mind to start to heal and for you to feel better.

Hang in and things will get better.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's completely normal likeastone.
It's why the group is here, really

I think support is vital - some people just use SR, others go to AA or some other recovery group, some go to counsellors...but no-one does this alone.

Day two is pretty hard - but I found the more days you get through now and the more you reach out here, the easier it gets

Welcome to SR
D
Old 06-13-2010, 05:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Stone,

It will get easier soon. Hang in there - lots of people have your exact symptoms. They will pass.

This site is a fantastic resource and is packed with experience and inspiration. Do keep reading and posting - it certainly helps me.

Do you have a plan of some kind to keep yourself off the booze?
Old 06-13-2010, 05:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome, likeastone! Day two was still pretty shaky for me, but not as bad as day one. It gets a little better every day, and I found that the anxiety got a whole lot better (was almost gone) at about day 3 or 4. The headaches, insomnia and lack of energy took a while longer, but every day that you don't drink will be that much better than the day before.

I still get irritable from time to time, even after over a month of sobriety, but thinking back, I know I got pretty irritable when I was drinking, too (especially being hungover - ugh). And even with no other cares or worries, a two-year-old will do it to ya!

Hang in there, keep things as simple as possible, and keep posting!
Old 06-13-2010, 05:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((Likeastone))) - welcome to SR!!

Alcohol wasn't my "thing" (crack was), so I'll leave the withdrawals experience to those who have been there, but I did want to welcome you.

The others ARE right about support, though...SR is great, someone is always here.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 06-13-2010, 06:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for the responses I hope you all know how much it means! It was stumbling upon SR and lurking around that helped me decide that it's time to stop drinking. This is going to be my main source of support and, man, I just really really appreciate it.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Heathen

Just wanted to say welcome! Your baby is going to live much happier with a clearheaded parent!