Notices

Well I screwed up...........wait!!

Old 06-13-2010, 08:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well I screwed up...........wait!!

Woke up this morning feeling tired and hungover. I don't remember how I got the six pack but there are six empty bottles that I hid neatly behind the toilet in the bathroom. That's how I woke up this morning. But wait, the toilet I hid them behind is not my bathroom. It was all a dream. Man this crap plays with your head. I'm sober this morning and last night.....day 7!
Old 06-13-2010, 08:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Weird dream!!

I had one last night about wine and I feel a little groggy too... In my dream I only had 1 glass (thats when I started to suspect it was a dream) but I didnt really want to. The glass kept showing up everywhere I went. It was bottomless too... although I dont remember actually drinking it and I dont even like wine

Day 9.. when do the dreams go away
Old 06-13-2010, 09:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, the relapse dreams can be stressful and annoying. Eventually I stopped having them.

I would wake up from them totally freaked out that I had just ruined my sobriety and would lay there in my bed thinking, "did I?" Aaaaaaaaaa!!!! LOL!!!

They'll go away eventually but they can be a bit disturbing, that's for sure.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This is kind of like when a wound is healing. It doesn't just disappear or vanish, it stings or itches and reminds me you it was there.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by mftrader View Post
But wait, the toilet I hid them behind is not my bathroom. It was all a dream. Man this crap plays with your head. I'm sober this morning and last night.....day 7!

Heh..... I've got over 3 yrs and just had one of those 2 days ago. In the dream I knew I was three years sober and just said every alkie's famous last words: F-it!.

I look at them as reminders of just how precarious our position as sober alcoholics can be. One thing's for sure, a dream like that will knock most of the cockyness outtya.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Sh!t, I still get 'em every now and again, but not as much as in the beginning.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
part time member

I had a doozie last night. I woke up thinking that I really blew it and I did stupid things...blah..blah...but I didn't...it was really real though!
Old 06-13-2010, 02:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I must be blessed as I've not had too many of those. But yes, they were scary, waking up thinking I'd been drinking!! And yes, they do lessen with the passage of time.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

i get them every now and then, and was really surprised posting on these forum to see how common they were, especially the 'virtual' feeling of anxiety and regret you get afterwards.
I think of them as a bit of a blessing, reminding me how I'd feel if I drank, without having to actually go through with the drinking and damaging my body for real
Old 06-13-2010, 05:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
SR Fan

I've had several drinking dreams, too. I can understand why, though, since it really IS a big, big issue in my life right now. We have to deal with (suppress) all those thoughts and cravings.....

I've had other anxiety dreams, too, which relate to things in my life that make me nervous or excited. My strangest dreams, thought, are dreams of my teeth falling out, or going up and then free-falling in elevators........
Old 06-13-2010, 05:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
c49
Its time for bed

LOL I still get them and they used to be very convincing.

Now I get a good laugh out of it in the morning.