Notices

Day 16

Old 06-12-2010, 01:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 16

The days are starting to pass by much faster. I feel so healthy and alive. I am looking and feeling better everyday.

And I'm happy to say that I don't feel like drinking today. In fact, for about the last 14 days I haven't felt like drinking. I keep remembering the lows I went to and the consequences I have to face. The good thing is, I'm not obsessing about them and feeling sorry for myself. I feel stronger every day and I want to face my hardships and do my part to make it better if I can.

My family and friends are all breathing a sigh of relief to (finally) hear me talking this way. To be honest, I didn't think I was EVER capable of feeling like this. I truly thought I was a hopeless case.

I know I have a LONG way to go and that there will be good days and bad days. Life will continue to happen and everything won't be perfect. For today, I am content in that knowledge and know that to drink is to create more chaos. I will not drink today and I feel GREAT knowing that.

To anybody in those first few days, hang in there! I had the sweats, the nightmares, the shakes, the diarrhea and the horrible sense of impending doom and anxiety. By sitting through it and not drinking, slowly I started to feel better! I am so grateful to SR and my friends and family for encouraging me through that dark time.

Thanks everybody and have a great sober day and weekend!

Steven
Old 06-12-2010, 02:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done. That amazing. Kep strong and keep posting