Notices

Hey Friends- I feel better

Old 06-12-2010, 01:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hey Friends- I feel better

I don't know what happened but I woke up this morning and decided not to work this weekend- at all. Very unusual. I also decided to adjust my attitude. So....went and rode my road bicycle 43 miles while the sun was coming up. It was so beautiful and spiritual. When I got back- I took it easy like the old me, and just enjoyed the feeling I had. Sometimes that throws me off path- because I really never get drunk, not sure that I could if I wanted to- but I don't .
So- I may be back on track- its been a rough week but guess what..I am alive and I can make decisions that are right for me, I have had a tendency to put everyone before me all my life. Taking small steps but it seems to be working so far, can't wait to take the big step of totally quitting. I know thats not what everyone wants to hear. But you can count on me for the truth, thats where I am at. Pretty good place for now..Peace and Love to all of you- I pray for all that are going through alcoholism every day.
Take it easy
Dub
Old 06-12-2010, 01:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Dub,

loved reading your post and am very glad that you are feeling more positive about things.

Think I know what you mean about the spirituality of wild places - sometimes a reminder like that is exactly what we need.

Take care,

SM
Old 06-12-2010, 02:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Don't resist, allow

Thanks for checking back in, Dub. We all have to find our own way to get where we are going.

I like to be around Nature and feel very spiritual when I am there. The bike ride sounds wonderful.

What I notice in Nature is that animals and birds never seek out substances which are harmful to them. They live their lives in perfect harmony with Nature. Why us humans deviate from what is natural for us,...I don't know.....

What I do know is that when I am out 'there' I feel in harmony with Nature and when I feel in harmony with Nature I am inspired to only seek out things which Nature intends for me.

Make the most of your rest this weekend.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

43 miles... Not bad!! I always feel better after a good ride. I got 30 miles
this afternoon...

Glad your feeling alright.

Mark
Old 06-12-2010, 04:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you can get thru the weekend without drinking at all. If the anxiety gets bad you can ride it off on your bike. Glad you're feeling more positive.

My life has been pretty bumpy so far this year, but I'm still sober and dealing with life's problems a lot better than when I was drinking. I hope you can get and stay sober Dub, it's really worth it.