Notices

Wow, sorry about that.. and update on drunk hubby

Old 06-11-2010, 08:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wow, sorry about that.. and update on drunk hubby

He arrived home just before I had to leave to take my friends kids to meet thier dad (long story) so I hadnt checked the last post until now.

Didnt mean for it to cause controversy and I did not call the police.

He was visibly drunk but not stumbling around or slurring.. but drunk enough that he would blow over quite a bit and should not have been driving. He came home, I told him that I was unimpressed and will discuss it more tommorow when he is sober. He waited here with our kids while I went with my friend and then left as soon as I walked in the door to go out with friends for some more drinks... and probably to smoke pot... However at least this time, he is on foot.

Again, I appologise for the last post and run.. I didnt mean to cause a problem.

I cant concern myself with his problems and I have to focus on my own but I am feeling a little defeated here, especially when my friend says "hey, want me to bring a bottle of wine over?" while dropping me off just now. I declined of course.. saying that I have stopped drinking to get in shape because our new house has a pool.

Uggggg.... bad day
Old 06-11-2010, 08:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad your husband got back without incident Shelly.

You're right though - you need to primarily focus on yourself and your struggles - and don't feel defeated - you have a lot of support here - you're not alone

D
Old 06-11-2010, 08:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Shelly, You certainly don't have to be sorry. I just thought it was a debate that needed to be had. I hope your husband stays safe and I hope you are ok

Old 06-11-2010, 08:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Im ok, just feel a little scared and alone right now. This is the perfect time to have a drink. I wont though. I kind of like feeling something for once. I was really counting on him for the support... Im just glad I found my way back here again.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

that's so great. And i understand. everyone's situation is different and we all deserve support no matter what the situation is and how little experience we've had with it. We are all here for u and you sound so strong, I know you can do it!
Old 06-11-2010, 10:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Shelly (((Big Huge Hugs)))
I'm glad hubby made it home..and so very glad you didn't drink...the first few times (sober)hubby and I got into an arguement I wanted to drink so bad...but I didn't. because really I would only be hurting myself......hopefully you can go unwind with a nice hot bubble bath....

Take care
Old 06-12-2010, 06:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone!! I did end up having a nice hot bath and then he stumbled in at around 11 (not too too late) He came upstairs all smiles but I told him I was going to bed and that I wasnt finding anything very funny. He slept alone last night but I slept great!

Its a beautiful sunny day!!! Hooray!
Old 06-12-2010, 10:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Happy Sunny Sober Saturday Shelly!!!! Nice here today too!!! finally get to go outside and do some weeding in the flower garden!!!
Old 06-12-2010, 12:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hi shelly! Things always look better in the morning.... I'm so glad to see that you're feeling positive today. I can't imagine how difficult it is to be in your situation, but like loveon2legs said, if we take that drink, we're only hurting ourselves.

You're doing great, so hang in there and keep reminding yourself what it's like to spend a day hangover free!