Notices

The condition my condition is in.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sobriety saved my life.

The condition my condition is in.

I haven't posted much lately but I've still been on SR every day reading and I admit I've also been enjoying the arcade a bit. I just wanted to share that I am now on day 31 sober. I can't believe that I've gotten this far after what I was doing to myself. The changes that have occurred are unbelievable. I'm happier with myself, mentally feel back to normal, physically feel healthy, no shame, remember everything, eat better, sleep better, work better, there's too much to list at the moment but I plan on making a list of all the things I'm grateful for soon. I am returning to being the man that my wife fell in love with and working on becoming the father that my soon to be child deserves. I love the sober life and will do everything within my power, which includes a lot of SR, to never return to the horrid existence of being a practicing alcoholic. In my case of being an alcoholic I believe that practice makes perfect(ly dead).

To all the newcomers like myself looking for help I've just got to say that if it weren't for this site there is no way in HELL that I could have even made it one day sober, just keep coming back and back and back. Also, I tried to quit before but it was because I knew I should quit or it was because I wanted to do it for my wife. This time I really want to do it for myself which I have found to be a totally different state of mind. I know that you will here this a lot when you keep returning to this site and will sound clique but it's working for me so far. The month has been scary, full of doubt, full of cravings and learning how to start getting through life sober. I have become my own motivational speaker, telling myself one day at a time and some people can just have a few...I can't, among other things. Coming to terms with the fact that I will never be able to drink alcohol again is really, really hard for me but being sober every day and feeling good mentally and physically is a side effect of these terms that I'm very happy to deal with.

To every one that has posted, replied to me and shared the most in-depth aspects of their lives with complete strangers I just want to thank you all. I find help, knowledge, perspective and strength from everything I read. I also really want to thank all the wives of alcoholic husbands that have really helped me understand what I have been putting my wife through, thank you very much ladies.

Anyway, this is where I guess I should apologize for such a long thread but the hell with that, I'm gnikcuf proud of myself and happy that I could actually write a post about my 31 days sober.

Thank You Everyone and Me!
Old 06-11-2010, 12:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Flip. While I truly admire the guys with years of sobriety, its guys like you with weeks of sobriety that inspire me (on day 2) right now.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That rocks! I am so happy for you. Please keep us updated- I hear it only gets better with time. And kudos for cleaning up for yourself- and indirectly for your wife and baby... New life is SO precious and impressionable- I am so happy for you all
Old 06-11-2010, 01:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

YAY!!! Good for you, it sounds like you have things in perspective! Your baby to be is a very lucky child!
Old 06-11-2010, 01:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((Flip))) Congrats on 31 days and thanks for such a great post!!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 06-11-2010, 03:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Flip

Good to hear from you
Congratulations on your 30 days!

D
Old 06-11-2010, 03:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Awesome!
Old 06-11-2010, 03:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

congrats flip - did you do anything with the road sign picture?
Old 06-11-2010, 04:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Way to go Flip!!!!!!!!!! I love this place (and the arcade), too. Great post!