Notices

Why so tired?

Old 06-09-2010, 07:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Why so tired?

I am into a week of abstaining. I was a 2-4 glass of wine a day drinker but was seeing a downward trend. I thought that I would feel better but I'm tired! No other symptoms. Anyone else having had that occur? Also headaches but that could be part of my allergies. Thanks a lot for your time...
Old 06-09-2010, 07:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am still in my first two weeks- today is day 9 alcohol free, and I slept and slept for almost a week it was all I wanted to do.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sleeping a lot in early recovery is very common. My first month (excluding the first 5 days of detox) I slept like crazy.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Toro Solo

that's funny I was just talking about this with my wife last night... I'm 16 days in and have been really tired the last week. getting plenty of sleep but still tired. Even fell asleep in a chair reading the other night. Funny cause I thought that I only did that when I was drinking.. well, at least this time we didn't have company over.
I'm sure it'll pass
Old 06-09-2010, 10:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

It was my experience too for a week or two.
We can beat ourselves up pretty good when drinking.

Always see your Dr if you're really worried tho

D
Old 06-10-2010, 03:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi,

Congrats on your sobriety!

The first 2-3 weeks I was sober I was really depressed, tired during the day (but had trouble falling asleep at night), and had a nagging headache (that I attributed to allergies). I am 10 weeks sober now and thankfully, those things are gone and I am really enjoying life. Best of luck to you on your sober journey. Keep reading and posting
Old 06-10-2010, 04:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yep: tired during the day, then difficulty going and staying asleep at night. An alcohol counselor told me that the sleep problems persist for a matter of months. I drank fo decades, so I suppose I would not expect an instant end to all problems.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Originally Posted by Norther View Post
so I suppose I would not expect an instant end to all problems.
Heh, I sure did! and man.......was I bummed when I didn't get it instantly! lol

a lot of the things I was told "would talk months" came in weeks or days though.

Keep pluggin' along 4todayinTN.......and when it starts feeling better.......DON'T STOP DOING WHAT YOU'VE BEEN DOING. I tend to want to slack off when I start getting some relief and that's the LAST thing we should do.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Take 4 For Today
Your tiredness is normal. When I stopped drinking my body and mind wanted to go on R&R for weeks. Was continually getting up, then getting back into bed. Headaches came too, and lasted a few weeks. I figure it was my body's way of detoxing. Give yourself as much rest -- and sleep -- as you can; your body will soon find a balance.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks 4 input

I thought, geez, I didn't drink THAT much but i guess that your body gets used to it. Sort of like when I suddenly stopped coffee and headache city ensued!! Also, I look in the mirror and think "Darn, Why do I look so crappy? I look like my worst hangover!" Not so great for a gal to feel. I guess that will pass as well....
Old 06-10-2010, 08:07 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi 4!!
I'm still experiencing some sleep issues, I'm 135 days sober, not as tired as I was in the first couple of months...you are right this to shall pass!!