Notices

I must be more careful!

Old 06-09-2010, 07:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I must be more careful!

Hi all, I'm almost 11 months sober, but i tought I'd post this one here cause it's busier than the other board.

Yesterday night I went to a disco with some friends. I drank spring water and lemon soda all night long as usual.

Suddenly a really nice girl approached me, she seemed pretty high, she started to dance with me and it was pretty obvious that she was sexually interested in me.

I was pretty reluctant as i make a rule not to make out with drunk or otherwise high girls... anyway at some point she offered me some of the lemon soda she was drinking. I only took a sip of it but almost instantly felt strange (mind you it was from a normal soda bottle, not from a glass). I highly suspect that there was some king of drug inside of that bottle, do you think it's possible or I am just worrying too much?
Old 06-09-2010, 08:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Possible? Yes. Likely? Who knows. I can't afford to go into places like that anymore. But if I did I would have my own drink and never leave it alone and never drink from someone else's drink.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Heathen

I don't make it a habit of drinking from a stranger's cup/bottle/whatever. ESPECIALLY if they seem 'high'. Ick!
Old 06-09-2010, 10:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Persevere, Never give up!

Rather stay away from places u could get into problems with. Never drink from another glass/bottle unless your own and don't leave yours lying around.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Adep, I think you're right, you should watch what you're doing. Innocent mistakes can happen even in someone's dining room, let alone a nightclub. Not worth it to take risks.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sounds like the consensus is already in. Not sure why you would want to even accept the drink in the first place? Were you almost hoping there was something more than soda in there?
Old 06-09-2010, 03:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well, I've done some really dumb things when there's been a girl I liked, so I get that you weren't probably really thinking straight...

the trouble is tho, as alcoholics and addicts we really need to think straight and stay focused, especially in situations like that.

I really can't recommend drinking other peoples drinks - and I can't recommend hanging around in clubs either.

I hope you found it wasn't spiked and you feel better now, but yeah- be more careful for sure....

D
Old 06-09-2010, 03:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

No was not hoping anything at all, it was just that this girl was all on me and I was more focused on her that on thinking about important details such as that one.

I still don't know for sure if the drink was drugged or not, but I will strongly bet on the fact that it was. Problem is that during the old days my only drugs were alcohol and cocaine so I don't know the effects of the others (i never tried ectasy and so on...)
Old 06-09-2010, 07:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Well, it was a good learning experience if nothing else. I've still got to work on my "listening to advice" skills. Most of what I've learned has been by making mistakes - not all of which I got out of pain-free like you did. It happened....it's in the past....be smarter next time (if there is a next time).
Old 06-09-2010, 09:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
part time member

Don't drink from someone elses cup! And here .... use one of mine..