Notices

thank you

Old 06-08-2010, 05:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

thank you

Thank all of you for support it is so good to be here with people who understand.On day three not going to drink today not as confident now as I await the mental battle that will surely come.I cannot go on like this 2 weeks sober then back into the trap.I cannot believe how my brain can make me believe that I cannot live without alcohol.I draw strength from this forum and the people who have been in my situation.I dont want this I dont need this I want to be clean I dont want dependency on alcohol to make it thru a day.I feel realy humble now I know it is bigger than me.So I depend totaly on God and support from this group to help me overcome.Thank you all ..........jo
Old 06-08-2010, 06:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just try to take it moment by moment. Don't think in terms of forever. That would always overwhelm. Keep it to "I will not drink in this moment." Keep up the good work. It is hard but so well worth it. If you have a craving, eat something before you decide to drink. You CAN do this.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
6/20/08

It is a mental battle. Stick close to SR. Read Everything!

I remember in the very early days taking it just a moment at a time. Seriously. I'd tell myself I'd have a drink 'tomorrow' if I wanted one. But not right now. I could wait just a moment.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good job, Jo.

Failure is not in falling down, but in staying down.

It takes what it takes for as long as it takes...

I found that reading and learning how alcohol affects our body, mind and spirit was great ammunition in arming myself against those particularly vulnerable moments in early sobriety.

Whether or not you're in AA (I was), one of their approved literature books, Living Sober, is an excellent resource that's worth reading and holding onto for reference over and over.

It describes what's generally happening to us when becoming sober and offers suggestions on how to re-adjust our thinking and habits in learning to live a sober life (it's not a promotional AA solution book - more of a factual account of what's going on in the actual sobriety process).

Either way, glad you're back here with us.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The alcoholic mind does tell us that we want the drink and need it to live our lives but in recovery we find that we don't. There is a lot of work to be done in recovery but each day life gets better and we find strength that we did not know we had.

Recovery is much about change and sobriety is a new you. So glad you are posting and yes....most of us have been there. Hang in and don't drink!!