Notices

cut me off

Old 06-08-2010, 12:31 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

D-

fwiw - I do indeed wish nothing but true happiness for you - and that includes peace of mind and self satisfaction with your behaviors.

best of luck to you and I wish a firmer self resolve for you
Old 06-08-2010, 03:20 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dedubya has known for over a year where we stand on his vascillating. A mirror has in fact been held up, on numerous occasions. No one is patting him on the back and saying his behavior is acceptable. We are very afraid for him. What we're trying to do is not drive him away & to keep the communication going.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:34 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hevyn, you are absolutely right about Dub.

No one has been patting him on the back for a very long time. He knows that we believe he needs to take action.

Headly, just for the record, we are open to any and all recovery programs here. There is no 'one size fits all'.
Old 06-08-2010, 03:52 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm another who's bounced in and out of sobriety for over two years now... but always had the support of my SR family. That support seemed to accumulate, like nutrients in my muscles,and I finally was able to 'work' seriously on my sobriety, and now have six months. So it does take some of us longer than others to 'get it'.

I too am afraid for Dub as I know that we don't have unlimited chances at getting sober. Sooner or later our luck will run out. The support here motivated me to get and stay sober before my luck could run out on me and I will always be grateful for that.

Dub, my friend, just do it!
Old 06-08-2010, 04:40 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I don't know Dub or the details about his "bouncing". I do know that SR has been a great support for me over past the month or so since i stopped drinking. I also know that there is more than one path to recovery, and judging another human's struggle is not extremely helpful. Maybe SR is not the best place for him, but maybe SR is the only thing preventing him from giving up completely and surrendering to the substance. One thing I do know is that none of us are in a position to be so-called experts on recovery. I've browsed some profiles and see many folks here are fairly new to sobriety as well. I certainly do not feel that I can tell another alcoholic how to get sober at this point. I do believe there is hope though, for all of us. Some of us will make it, some won't. Let's hope Dub finds his way and try not to judge him. The guy is obviously struggling and needs support. Many of us may need support again some day as well.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:47 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

By the way, as far as drama goes, a good percentage of the alcoholics here are drama queens in my opinion - it almost seems as if it is part of the illness from my perspective. My father (an alcoholic) never had a lot of tolerance for this sort of thing. Part of me is the same way. i often find myself thinking "stop being such a baby and take some responsibility". This attitude has served me well in other areas of my life (i.e., academically, professionally, financially), but it hasn't worked so well with the booze.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:55 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

What I really want to know is...where's Dub?
Check in, mate.

D
Old 06-08-2010, 05:17 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hey Dub.....hope all is well. Just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you.