Notices

June 2010 Sobriety Group

Old 06-15-2010, 02:21 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Day 6 for me, it's the evening here. I was back at work today, it was good not to have a hangover. I have been craving coffee. I had an argument with my fiancee tonight and I thought how good it would be to have a glass (ha! more like ten) of wine but stopped myself by telling myself it wouldn't help matters and I don't want to throw away the last few days.

Keep going everyone!
Old 06-15-2010, 02:54 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

KC1, thank you for your thoughts... Actually, one thing I have learned it is better for me not to do is to use the children as an excuse to drink, or not to drink. I mean, I am very, very aware if I am alone with them that if something happens to them I better be sober. I am not going to lie. I have drunk in the past with them in the house - Then if I have thought I may have overdone it, I have vomited as much as possible... sorry this is really sick and too much information, probably. An then i have stayed awake close to them until I considered myself sober enough to sleep without being a danger. An still I would wake up in full panick every half an hour to check.

Fortunately, so far, they have been sick several times in the night (one of them with febrile convulsions and she hardly made a noise) and luck of all lucks I was always 100 percent sober... My problem is the hiding. If I use my kids to focus on the non-drinking I will for sure get in a big binge when they are not around. And I travel at least once a month. Every time I try to tell myself I am not an alcoholic because I do not drink everyday (although I would like to) and because I keep some control, i only need to think of what happens when I am alone... It is total chaos. My kids and my husband are keeping me 'under control' because I am too ashamed to show this to anybody. But if I do not start doing this for myself I am goingo to get to a very bad place.

It is so liberating to write about this. By the way, English is not my mother tongue. I wonder why I did not look for a forum in my own language - Is this part of my hiding too?

Wish best of lucks to all of us and see if we can get into a very sober July.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:06 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

May I join the June group? My sobriety date is 6-14-10. I'm new.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:10 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR mf150! Of course you can join the June Group - it's for anyone getting sober in June. I think you will find a lot of support here!
Old 06-15-2010, 06:21 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Day 4 for me, sweeties! Have a great, drink-less day!!
Old 06-15-2010, 08:10 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Welcome DG!!
Old 06-15-2010, 08:38 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OZboy View Post

..I don't wanna go thru the sh!tty withdrawl BS..any more..

I'm with you on that point!
Old 06-15-2010, 10:23 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dancinggirl View Post
Day 4 for me, sweeties! Have a great, drink-less day!!
Day 4 for me too dancinggirl, I feel better each day have not drank the night before even if I don't sleep well. I am so tired of the withdrawls and dependence on it too. I get cravings/habits everyday after work which is the worst time for me so I'm prepared each day for it to come. Looking forward to day 5 and getting in a good week.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:06 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soap View Post
not sure if i'm the best one to answer this as i have social anxiety along w/ alcoholism. so i most definitely use alcohol as a crutch in party situations.

i'm only on day 13 now but in the past when i made lone runs of sobriety, i would avoid parties altogether or show up fairly early and congratulate people on graduation, b-day, etc.. and then make an early escape.

if your early in sobriety, i imagine it is just not worth the risk of putting yourself in that environment. if people care for you, they should understand that you need to work on sobriety instead of going to the party.
Thanks for the response! I do think that is good advice.. either just avoid the situation or leave early. At least for now. I think (hope) my friends will understand.

In other news, I made it to day 2 finally. I feel good, very proud of myself. Last time around I got really sick on the 3rd day. I'm really hoping that doesn't happen, I have to work tomorrow.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:40 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Red face

..L'llchic..keep the blood sugar up..drink fruit juice n ya mite not
..get so sick...take care....ozy..
Old 06-15-2010, 02:15 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Day deux.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:36 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

It really helps knowing that others are going through the detox process. I didn't know how dependant I was until I stopped drinking two days ago.

My bones seem to ache.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:40 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Sorry I dissapeared there's for awhile. I went on a bender for the last week or so. But I'm going to do my best to pick myself back up. Today is day 2.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:33 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

With the way I am feeling, I can only go through withdrawls once...I'm pulling my hair out (not literally).

CherryD-

I'm on day two, too (almost day 3).

Old 06-16-2010, 03:04 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Welcome back, CherryD. Day 3 for me. Somehow I managed to sleep 6 hours last night, so I am feeling very confident this morning that it's going to be a great day!
Old 06-16-2010, 03:33 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Oh, and something I don't miss - starting my day with a Zantac 150 and two Pepcid Completes. The indigestion clears up very quickly when I stop drinking.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:09 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Hello June bugs! Feeling great at the end of day 2!!
I hope everyone is well

xo
Old 06-16-2010, 08:00 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Day 3!

Is there any trick to getting some sleep? Feels like my mind is going 1000 miles per hour. my head hurts, too. And I feel warm. Is this normal?

Usually I don't complain, but this feels likE one heck of a hang over!
Old 06-16-2010, 08:47 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Day 3! Feeling okay so far. Not great - headache, fogginess, but no vomiting. So.. there's that
Old 06-16-2010, 09:31 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mf150 View Post
Day 3!

Is there any trick to getting some sleep? Feels like my mind is going 1000 miles per hour. my head hurts, too. And I feel warm. Is this normal?

Usually I don't complain, but this feels likE one heck of a hang over!
i'm sure everyone is different but these things sometimes work for me. i find that increased blood flow helps me a little in falling asleep. so a couple hours before bed, i will take a shower to get blood flowing and follow that up w/ some calming tea. then about a half hour before bed will take a low dose aspirin for headache and backache, increased blood flow, and help for my ailing heart. directly before bed, will do yoga type strectches and calf raises. the strectching and light lifting on muscles gives them that warm, tired feeling before crawling into bed. i might read a little before bed or try to go to bed directly. but if my mind starts racing, i will turn on the light and read for a little longer distracting mind to different thought pattern. rinse and repeat until asleep. if i wake in the middle of the night, more stretches and maybe into my message chair, then back to bed.