SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   June 2010 Sobriety Group (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/202412-june-2010-sobriety-group.html)

mercurial me 06-27-2010 09:18 PM

Had x17 days of sobriety in this month and slipped on Saturday. Beyond disgusted with myself tonight

traderjane 06-27-2010 09:22 PM

Thanks, Super... I'm hoping the same thing. Part of the reason they didn't like the place was it didn't look clean to them. A single guy is living there now and he never cleans. I asked my Mom how she liked the balcony and she said, "There was dirty furniture on it!" I tried to explain to her that the guy's crap will be all out of there and the place will be cleaned up before they move in, but she couldn't see beyond that. I'm working to get the placed cleaned up and maybe repainted before they move in. My Mom did say the one thing she liked was that the floors were "solid" and my Dad said one of the showers was very nice. I hope we can make it nice for them. The whole reason they ended up picking this place is that it is within walking distance to my house, which will be invaluable as they age and I have to take care of them. They are in their early 70's now.

Super, it is also my son's birthday tomorrow!!! My youngest son turns 7 tomorrow so it's a special day for both of us!

Good luck with quitting smoking -- keep checking in with us. See you in the morning....

traderjane 06-27-2010 09:26 PM

Welcome to the group ChrisinSA and MercurialMe!!!

alexvt 06-27-2010 10:10 PM

Hey TJ, That was amazing what you did for your parents. Maybe their just scared and comparing the place to their old place? I am sure once it gets all cleaned up and they get all of their own belongings moved everything will fall into place!
They are lucky to have a daughter like you!

XO-Beth

mf150 06-28-2010 12:41 AM

Just want to say I've experienced 14 days of wonderful sobriety!
We can do it!:ring

Grace2 06-28-2010 01:44 AM

Morning all and what a lovely sunny one it is here, yet again.

Just got back from the Doctor's. I went for the results of liver function tests etc he arranged and o.m.g they are all normal (if there is such a thing as norma;!) They only thing that came back as not normal is my cholesteral, which is 5.5. so even that is not too bad. How lucky am I? I feel blessed! Celebrating with a nice, strong cup of tea.

Hey Murcurial, well done for coming back and sharing. Todays a new day so start afresh and keep posting. We can all do this and we will! Gxxx

mf150 06-28-2010 01:52 AM

grace,

glad to hear your liver is functioning well!

BreakFree 06-28-2010 03:15 AM

Good Morning :)

alexvt...Yes, that "witching and twitching hour"...I know it too well! :O

traderjane...I'm so sorry to hear of your parents reaction to the condo. I remember when you were looking for it for them. I'm sure they will come around :) They ARE lucky to have you! (((hugs)))

super71...You can do it! I quit smoking about 15 years ago...turns out, it was much easier for me to give up smoking than it has been to quit caffeine or alcohol. Strange, huh?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to super71 and traderjane's boys! :)

WELCOME and CONGRATULATIONS to mercurial me and mf150 on 14 days! WHOO-HOO! :)

Grace2...That's wonderful news! :)

Have a great day everyone!

traderjane 06-28-2010 05:10 AM

Breakfree, your posts are always so uplifting. Thanks so much for wishing my little boy a happy birthday.

Thanks Alex and Breakfree for your support about the condo thing. Yes, Alex, you hit the nail on the head there. Real estate is much more expensive where I live than where they are coming from so what they can get for their money here is not what they are used to. I do think it will work out -- we just all have to have a good attitude and fix the place up. My Dad wanted to buy a newer property further out away from me, but my Mom insisted that being close to me and the kids was more important. So I guess they have to work out their disappointments and ideas between themselves as well. I only tried the best I could, so I guess I did what I could.

BTW, I had a dream last night that I drank. I dreamed that my friend Wendy was visiting and that we took out my Mom's Chardonnay and polished it off. I actually felt buzzed in the dream and remember thinking, oh great -- now I have to go to the wine store and get more wine for my Mom since she has one more night here. I was also bummed out that I had to start all over again. You can imagine my relief when I woke up and I realized I was on Day 8 (YEAH!) and it was all just a dream. Our minds play tricks on us, don't they?

Have a wonderful sober Monday everyone!

super71 06-28-2010 11:40 AM

Day 11 - just checking in real quick and then heading over to my parents for my son's bday pool party. Hope everyone is doing well. Thanks for your support Breakfree :) . I've already caved...but have "only" had 5 today..think I am going to cut back from my pack a day and set a quit date for sometime next week..
Trader - Happy Birthday to your son!!

Super71

alexvt 06-28-2010 03:40 PM

Hey everyone, Hows everybody doing today? Today is 9 days! Crazy! I feel a lot better but still irritable. My anger comes and goes. I feel good and happy right now, so i guess thats all one can ask for.
Breakfree; how are you today?
Hey has anyone talk to Melindaflowers lately? Just notice she hasn't posted in a while. Unless i missed it.
Also welcome Mf150 and Mercurial Me!
Hey Grace2, congrats on liver test! Yay!
TJ & Super71 hope your sons b-day parties went well today! The pool party sounds like some much fun! Happy Birthday to both of them!

XO-Alex

revelation7 06-28-2010 04:11 PM

Today is my first day - i've never tried to quit drinking before - bc i didn't know/realize i had a problem before. Thank u for starting this group. Together, we CAN do it =)

BreakFree 06-28-2010 04:15 PM

Hello Friends :)

traderjane...You are so welcome! It's my pleasure :)

super71...WAY TO GO on cutting back! :)

alexvt...Thank you for thinking of me :)

I hope you ladies are having a great birthday celebration today :) I couldn't remember what you each had planned?

Well...today was a liiiiiittle bit better than yesterday. The day started out dark and dreary in terms of the weather here, but it brightened up as the day went on! :)

I hit a few triggers this afternoon. I had a TO-DO list that I really wanted to complete and I was only able to complete about half of it...IF THAT! The kids needed me a lot today. The problem is, it was all stupid crap...fighting and nagging...selfish issues :( I FINALLY got to work on my budget and it was already after 4pm. That was NO GOOD. Bad time to be working on my finances and budget. What I really needed to be doing by 4pm is wind down and start thinking about dinner. I'd been "at it" since 5am with no breaks.

So I started getting frustrated about the fact that I got so little done today.
Then I was mad about our financial situatioin.
THEN I was mad because I had no dinner plan and no food in the house. THEN I was mad because it was after 5pm and I was starving.

THEN...I wanted to be taken out to dinner so I could relax and drink a nice, cold draft beer.

Did I mentioned how hot and humid it is here and how hard I worked today? :O

UGH...stupid triggers.

Then, I ordered pizza and cracked open a Cranberry Lime Polar Seltzer.

Now, I'm tired...still frustrated, but glad I didn't drink! YES!

If only there were more time in the day, more money to pay the bills and a really fun, super cool mother's helper to give me a hand on days when I need to do household management type stuff. Now I understand why kids go to camp in the summer! LOL ;)

Hope everyone is having a wonderful evening! :)

BreakFree 06-28-2010 04:16 PM

Welcome revelation7! :)

alexvt 06-28-2010 04:20 PM

Hey revelation7!
Welcome to the June group! Congrats on 1st day! The first week can be a little rough, but thats what were here for. Trust me it does get better!

XO

super71 06-28-2010 04:28 PM

Had a nice time at the pool party, even though it is very stressful for me to spend time with my parents - it went well. The cravings have really subsided a lot for me in the last few days - not saying they aren't there, but certainly not the roaring monster in my head that they were 3 or 4 days ago. Now when I think about running out to get a bottle of wine, I just say to myself "This feeling will pass" - and it does within minutes. Before I would obsess on it for a long time and really have to fight myself not to get in the car and run up to the market. Progress!

Trader - I am sure things will look much better to your parents when it's all cleaned up - and like you said, probably part of their disappointment has to do with the disagreement between the two of them as to what they wanted. How did your son's birthday go??

Grace2 - Congrats on your test results!! I had to cancel my Dr. appt today - too busy with the party and my son's bday and all, but I am a bit nervous of "coming clean" about how long I have been drinking.. also not sure about having all that info on my records.. did that worry you at all? I know - health is most important.

Mercurial and Breakfree - How are you guys doing??

mf150- CONGRATULATIONS on 2 weeks!! I can't wait to get there myself! Must be such a feeling of accomplishment. :)

Alex - Congrats on your 9 days! I feel irritable/angry/bored/happy/stressed/hopeful...sometimes all of these within an hour! Hang in there- :)

Revelation - Welcome!

super71 06-28-2010 04:41 PM

Breakfree - I must have been posting at the same time as you :) I am glad that you got through your stressful day with no drink - good for you! My financial situation is stressing me out a bit right now as well - when I was drinking I just sort of ignored it and now I am looking at it head on..not so much fun, but working on making a plan and dealing with it.

We had a pool party at my parents house for my son's birthday. He had a blast. :)

Someone mentioned MelindaFlowers - I haven't seen her in a bit either - hopefully she will post an update tonight.

OZboy 06-28-2010 05:09 PM

Hey!!!

..I'm still here....lol

..got me 20 days..http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/4758/74024.gif :c029:

super71 06-28-2010 05:13 PM

OZ!!!!! :)

Congrats on 20 days!!!!!!!!!

I don't know how to make my letters bigger or in color on here, but that congrats up there is really big and bright red just for you!

How are you doing??

alexvt 06-28-2010 05:16 PM

Hey Breakfree, I feel you again today! My brain is so foggy it's taking everything i have to write a sentence. Everything feels surreal today. Feels like my brain and body are not connected. Anybody feel this way after 9 days? It's a little freaky.. I feel like if i had a drink it would clear all the cobwebs out. I won't drink. But i think this is the first time i've considered it since quitting. Hmmm.....

XO