Notices

June 2010 Sobriety Group

Old 06-18-2010, 03:03 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Wilde

I don't know how it is there in the UK but I'd hope there's not that much gender inequality in social services - male or female we all need help, and mum or dad, the whole family is affected, yeah?

D
Old 06-18-2010, 03:47 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

cscs, i relate to the tuning out screaming children I'm finding the I have so much more patience and smiles for mine.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:28 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

..what a great bunch....

..my sober date is June 10th..

''not another sip,to-day.."...ozy..
Old 06-18-2010, 05:19 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

gahhh hormonal today (sorry boys :p ) I have to go to work and leave my doggy at home by himself all day and he knows I'm going and his puppy dog eyes are making me want to cry!!! One of those days! But I don't want to drink, before I probably would have used this (my hormones, not doggy-attachment issues lol) as an excuse to drink! Silver lining woooo

Happy saturday or friday night wherever you are around the world June bugs!

Lilly xo
Old 06-18-2010, 07:00 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Man, the optometrist put those drops in that dilate the eyes, and I have had a headache ever since. The kind of headache that 12 beers can cure right quick. And don't think i didn't think about that most of the afternoon and all evening.

But it's 10 pm here, and I am sober as a judge.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:20 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

hey all, im starting to get off of hydro's. i started talking to an old friend who has been trying to get me to AA, Im gonna go with him next weekend. Next Friday is going ot be my last day on the pills, I gave my bottle to my wife and told her to toss them. only reason im not going to start this weekend is I have to work out of town next week and cant go through the WD's. But i can take a long weekend when i get back in town. one more week and my journey to sobriety will begin.

Thanks for this site I think it will be one of the tools that will finally get me sober. I've been addicted to one thing or another for too long.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:23 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lillyrose View Post

Happy saturday or friday night wherever you are around the world June bugs!

Lilly xo
Greetings from Los Angeles, California! And yes, a happy Friday and Saturday night to everyone!
Old 06-18-2010, 07:36 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Severian View Post
Man, the optometrist put those drops in that dilate the eyes, and I have had a headache ever since. The kind of headache that 12 beers can cure right quick. And don't think i didn't think about that most of the afternoon and all evening.

But it's 10 pm here, and I am sober as a judge.
Hi Severian!

You are ahead of the game for recognizing the the thoughts before you act on them. Right on! 10 pm already and "sober as a judge." Think of how great you'll feel tomorrow morning.

I had a terrible day yesterday. I didn't sleep the night before (insomnia) and had an early morning job interview/orientation. Job interviews + sleep deprivation do not mix. But as we all know, job interviews + nasty hangover do not work either.

I was sober the night before (night 5) but felt like h*ll from not sleeping. Long story short, I had a crew at my home putting in a new air-conditioning system at my house and I told them I'd be home in two hours to pay them as I ran out the door.

When I arrived at the orientation I realized it was 4 hours long! I sat in the orientation in a panic about the crew at my house wondering where I was, but my cell phone was in the car......

To make a long story short I realized 15 minutes into the orientation that the potential boss was a horrible tyrant who told racist/sexist jokes and loved to talk down to people. Not the job for me. Anyways, after four hours of fingernails-on-the-chalkboard orientation I drove home in a daze (no sleep), paid the angry crew, and laid down on the couch. This was around 3 pm.

Anyways, after that not-too-interesting story I'll say that yesterday after all the h*ll I thought I'd gone through I wanted to drink more than I have since getting sober. I like say "snap out of it" to myself. Even shriek it sometimes. Of course I am getting this from that wonderful scene in Moonstruck starring Cher.

I took a nice long nap, went to the gym, and chatted with some friends on the phone last night.

Sounds like we both had unpleasant days but we both made it through!
Old 06-18-2010, 08:24 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by livefierce View Post
I'm a newbie and a Junebug.

And this fits me to a T:

I have a doctor appointment tomorrow that fills me with fear and dread. I already had blood work done 10 days ago, and we're going over the results tomorrow. I am certain to hear how my drinking has affected my health. I'm also certain that I have to discuss my drinking with her. I'm so ashamed, and I dread having to admit my problem with wine.
Hi Livefierce,
I am also pretty new to this. I'm glad you've joined our group! I've practically lived on this site the past 5 days.

How did your doctor's appointment go? You were brave to go. I still haven't found the courage just yet, but reading about you going is giving me courage to call tomorrow and make the appointment.

I hope to see ya around soon!
Old 06-18-2010, 09:52 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

My quit day was yesterday (June 19th). I have pretty much drunk everyday for the past five years.. wine is my drink of choice.. usually a bottle a night. I quit for a mont a couple of years ago and then figured I could drink in a "controlled" manner. Surprisingly..no such luck..lol. Collected my 30 day coin and never went back. I am very concerned about health risks at this point and this is my motivation this time to stay quit. I have 3 kids and I want to be here for a long time for them and to enjoy them - also don't want to continue the alcoholic cycle and pass it on to them - want to do all I can at this point to prevent that. I am looking forward to getting to know the other June Bugs...
Old 06-18-2010, 10:11 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard super71

D
Old 06-18-2010, 10:15 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Hi Super71,
Welcome to the group!

I am also in the five year club. For me I always drank the hard stuff heavily and I drank everyday for five years from 5 o'clock until I went to sleep/passed out. I am on day five now.

Jeebers, I just read what I wrote and it has so many fives. :rotfxko

I am glad you are here!
Old 06-18-2010, 10:36 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Hello sober June people. I've got x10 days of sobriety in today. Next Tues is my birthday & I want to have my first sober birthday in x17 years. My g/f swears she can see the weight coming off me daily from the lack o' empty calories. Have a great weekend all
Old 06-18-2010, 11:02 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mercurial me View Post
Hello sober June people. I've got x10 days of sobriety in today. Next Tues is my birthday & I want to have my first sober birthday in x17 years. My g/f swears she can see the weight coming off me daily from the lack o' empty calories. Have a great weekend all
The loss of weight and the normalization of our bodies is wonderful! Congrats!
Old 06-19-2010, 12:53 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Melinda,
It sounds like you really had a very very bad day on Friday... You had a 4 orientation course as part of the recruitment process? O did you get the job and this was an induction? I am not clear about what happened with the job, but obviously you had a real bad time but you did it!

Hope you could sleep last night. Happy to see new faces and to see that everybody seems to be doing so well.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:55 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

7 days today for me today. One whole week! Have a good day everyone and remember it's just for today!
Old 06-19-2010, 01:59 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Day 6! Keep on keeping on!
Old 06-19-2010, 02:04 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wilde10 View Post
Melinda,
It sounds like you really had a very very bad day on Friday... You had a 4 orientation course as part of the recruitment process? O did you get the job and this was an induction? I am not clear about what happened with the job, but obviously you had a real bad time but you did it!

Hope you could sleep last night. Happy to see new faces and to see that everybody seems to be doing so well.
Hi Wilde,
Thank you for the message.

I had applied the day before after I saw an ad for summer school teachers "needed immediately." I went in, filled out an application, and whoooosh down the stairs came a very aggressive man asking if I could come in the next morning for orientation. He photocopied my drivers license, background check, and said "see you tomorrow!" I guess I was hired on the spot?

I guess it was a bit of an induction. As I sat there I looked around the room at the other three people's faces, for some hint that the others were thinking what I was thinking. They all had robot smiles and seemed really into it.

I was so turned off and intimidated by this principal that I even agreed to show up the next morning at 7:30 am!

I thought about it the whole drive home and was sure I never wanted to see/speak/or hear from this man again I called and quickly told the secretary my name and that I was not accepting the position. Click

Thank you for asking about the sleep. When I arrived home I was able to take a wonderful two hour nap. It felt great. I also slept very well last night from 2 am until 2 pm! I've always been someone that can sleep abnormally long.

Thank you for thinking of me. Talk to you soon!
Old 06-19-2010, 02:19 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Melinda-

good for you.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:27 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Super71,
Right there with you. My oldest is 6 now, and I finally realized that this is a health issue and I want to be there for as long as possible. Not only that, but I want them to have a stable mom - to know I am not going to be sweet one minute and raging the next, and finally, I want to break the family cycle - for me and for them.
As day 3 starts, I know it is right. Had my doubts last night, but woke up totally refreshed this morning. AND smiling at the boys
So glad you are here!