Notices

Dreams still here I hope you are all here for me!

Old 06-02-2010, 05:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Scars,Souvineers we never lose

Thumbs up Dreams still here I hope you are all here for me!

Hi All SR sweet Freinds,

I just wanted to check in, I am alive!

Hardly but today is day 4 no opiates!!! That was going to be the hardest to kick, I knew it would be but with some suboxone from my Dr. I even made it to an interview and GOT THE JOB!

Kinda cooky Derm. Dr but she has A LOT to teach me I had interviewed with her before she basically gave me a job and I never heard from her until a few days ago.

I was well enough to pull it together to go to the interview and start next Wed. God has been great to me... a lot of praying I feel the WD's but not like I would w/ out the meds, I hope to be off them by the time (NO I WILL) be off them by the time I start working.

In my foend working on patients with esthetic laser whcih I have a lot of experience in, but I have only worked in plastics before she is going to teach me the whole Derm side and the couple lasers I havent used yet.

I have been drinking to take the edge off the WD's from shooting and snoring the opting opiates for over 2 years and it has helped and kicking alcohol is MUCH easier that oc's, roxies, and methadone so in a couple days I will be free of everything.

Thisn is a small practice and she even wants me to wear my hair a certin way...so (being a model) thats a little weird but I told her she could have me wear my hair however she wanted, and she could show me, although I always head hair down for interviews and up (by law) and my license) I have to wear it up to work on patients.

She gave me a contract and start date and great pay and hours, aned a job that should work well for my back condition disease b/c its half sitting and half running around which will be great for me.

I hope I still have support here b/c I am going to need it.

The beautiful thing is my husband kicked too! He is feeling good and my family is going to be whole again even if it means losing our home (which we are) and downsizing back to an apartment until I get back to Hawaii.
For now though my only care is recovery and I cant do it without you!

Thank you all! <3 Dream
Old 06-02-2010, 05:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back Dream and congrats on the job.

I'm a bit confused tho - so now you're on subs and can concentrate on not drinking? is that what you mean?

I hope this can be the start of a new chapter for you
D
Old 06-02-2010, 07:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Heathen

Glad you're back, I was hoping you were ok!
Old 06-02-2010, 11:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was really worried as well!
Old 06-02-2010, 11:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Persevere, Never give up!

Originally Posted by Dream2bClean View Post
Hi All SR sweet Freinds,

I just wanted to check in, I am alive!

Hardly but today is day 4 no opiates!!! That was going to be the hardest to kick, I knew it would be but with some suboxone from my Dr. I even made it to an interview and GOT THE JOB!

I am so happy for you! Awesome news about the job! GOD is good

I was well enough to pull it together to go to the interview and start next Wed. God has been great to me... a lot of praying I feel the WD's but not like I would w/ out the meds, I hope to be off them by the time (NO I WILL) be off them by the time I start working.

Praying for you everyday Dream... you have determination and will power.

I have been drinking to take the edge off the WD's from shooting and snoring the opting opiates for over 2 years and it has helped and kicking alcohol is MUCH easier that oc's, roxies, and methadone so in a couple days I will be free of everything.

Not so sure this is a good thing, mixing alcohol with the meds? It may be easier but you still have to kick it.

I hope I still have support here b/c I am going to need it.

That is what we are here for, to support you whether you are up or down.

The beautiful thing is my husband kicked too! He is feeling good and my family is going to be whole again even if it means losing our home (which we are) and downsizing back to an apartment until I get back to Hawaii.
For now though my only care is recovery and I cant do it without you!

Losing a home is a material thing, getting your life back is far more important, all the material things you lose, you can gain back in time. Look after yourself and your beautiful family, we love you.

<3 Dream
Old 06-03-2010, 03:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

We are here for you Dream!!! Keep posting and take it one day at a time friend!
Old 06-03-2010, 05:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

glad you're back! i clicked on sr this morning specifically to find out if you were ok. i was getting worried.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome back Dream. I love to see people return and when they do it is usually with a new aliveness and determination. Good for you!!
Old 06-03-2010, 06:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Awesome news Dream! Keep up the good work and try not to allow the drinking to get out of hand..it's harder to stop than you think.

I'm in the same boat as you with the opiates. I kicked a 5 year Methadone habit just last month. I do enjoy a beer every now and then...but that's about it. I've had many of family members and friends who let it take control of their life, and once it gets to that point, it can be just hard to stop.

But it sounds like you are doing well and that is great news!!
Old 06-03-2010, 09:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
jsm

I am so happy to see you back! I am still right with you. Day 3 for me!
Old 06-03-2010, 03:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good luck Dream. Great news about the job. Your home is a material thing. Material things can be replaced. People can't. As long as you and your family are well, nothing else matters so much. xxx