Notices

Well- this is it

Old 05-31-2010, 11:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well- this is it

Hey
I am a bit scared maybe? This is my last day before I completely quit everything. No motivation to get drunk or anything, just kind of feeling weird. Not even sure why I posted this.. I am taking time off, and I hope like crazy I can tolerate the next few days. I dont even drink that much but I know how to- believe me (well lately 6 beers over a day is normal now). Tomorrow is zero. Work tomorrow (have to present a relatively major subject to my mgmt). Then I come home and let the brain reprogram to life without alcohol. Tomorrow night will be sweaty and anxious- I know it. But I know how I will feel after I get through all the crap. Great. So here I go.....hang on (to myself).
Dub
Old 05-31-2010, 11:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Dub,

Nothing but positive vibes in your direction, man. Good luck tomorrow, you will be in my thoughts! Keep us posted on how it goes if you feel the persuasion.

Cheers
//_wlx
Old 05-31-2010, 11:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

All the best Dub. I wish you well.

It may be hard to get through it but you know that it'l be worth it. Keep everything one day at a time (one minute at a time if necessary!). You've done it before so you can do it again.

Then when you're through you can live a life in sobriety free from the shackles of active alcoholism and addiciton.

Peace
Old 05-31-2010, 12:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wish you well Dub. I know you have made progress and you continue to post even though you haven't gotten to the place you want to be. You are driven and I admire your determination to get sober. It took me many years of trying and going back, cutting back and then hitting those all day benders, etc.

I know you kept posting because it is in you to get sober but only you can do that. You know you have SR here for tons of support.

I look forward to your continued posts and sending good vibes for you to stay strong and sober. You can do it friend!!

Huggs.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Don't resist, allow

Thoughts and prayers on their way to you, Dub.

If you feel like you cannot do it alone, I am sure that old sponsor of yours would appreciate a call.

Keep in touch.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You can do this!! And it'll feel so much better once the alcohol is out of your system for good. All the best to you, stay strong and do'nt pick up that first drink.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's a good choice, Dub. I hope it can be the start to turning your life around.

D
Old 05-31-2010, 01:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Heathen

And you never have to go thru it again..

Wish ya the best, dub.. make it the last time!
Old 05-31-2010, 01:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SR Fan

It IS scary but just keep focusing on your goal. Stay close to SR and get some good food, water, vitamins. Give yourself time to heal and before you know it, you'll be looking back and thanking yourself. Hang in there!!
Old 05-31-2010, 02:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Scars,Souvineers we never lose

Good luck Dub,
I'm there with you kinda. I didnt drink all last week but I wasnt sober for sure as I was atill abusing my script for oxycontin not injecting that God torwaqrd the last few days I actually just took them as prescribed, I guess they work but arent nearly as fun.
Today is day 1 of no opiates or alcohol and physically it sucks.
I have no energy at all and its just not in my head, wish it was, I phyically cant do anything. Makes mw wonder why I am cleaning myself up b/c I seen to feel better and have mnore energy when using but then I end up doing somehitng stupid, I just feel lost without it b/c I am so tired and lazy I dont know what to do.
<3 Dream
Old 05-31-2010, 02:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Way to go Dubs!
Old 05-31-2010, 02:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
seeking recovery

I am there with you Dub!!!!
My "last hurrah" was Sat night ...still feeling consequences...(told myself that practicing controlled drinking for Vegas!)
I am having time off as well as know that to stay off booze takes TOTAL FOCUS as it really is a very insidious disorder..
Am going on the holiday with some party type friends ..I am a quiet bookworm by nature but ironically the WORST drinker out of the whole "out there" group!
Going to look up meetings in Vegas!
Old 05-31-2010, 03:41 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey Dub!!! think of it as walking into the light....post as often as you like, we always read and we always answer. you can talk about anything you want, just keep going.....if i did not have SR i never would have come this far....truly!

you are a good, honest person, excellent parent....i know about keeping up appearances for work, but you will feel better, just take it day by day....if you do it, i will stay sober too. (pinky swear).
Old 05-31-2010, 04:25 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dub - this is great news, and we're behind you all the way. I'd been drinking 25 yrs. & when I stopped the anxiety only lasted a few days. The feeling sorry for myself lasted a few more. Then that was it - I learned to live in a new way, without my crutch. It turns out I never needed it at all - it was just a lie I told myself.

Be proud for never giving up on yourself and your desire to be sober. We know you can do this, and we're here to listen and help however we can.
Old 05-31-2010, 04:56 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

You have a lot of support from everyone here Dub. One day at a time. I can honestly say it is worth the struggle.

:ghug3
Old 05-31-2010, 09:36 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

..hope all goes well.....ozy...
Old 06-01-2010, 05:42 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hey all
I couldnt eat all day, anything, one small amount of about 10 cheez snaks that tasted awful- had to do a presentation at work. That was weird, not sure if it was obvious that (I digress) didn't sleep at all last night- all I did was sweat last night. I actually woke up with my hair soaking wet. Then work....well I am home and no drinking! But I am really kind of screwed up- so going to try to eat something and drink a bunch of water. Hope this lightens up....
Dub
Old 06-01-2010, 05:50 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Lots of water, juice, vitamins (especially B), and easy foods like soup or broth. Rest and relax. It will get better, as you know. Hang in there and stay sober!
Old 06-01-2010, 06:38 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

It does take a while, take it easy, and keep going forward,

Back when I did my first 15 days sober, over a year ago, I sweat like crazy for the first night, and no restful sleep for the first 2-3, but eventually it settles out.

Keep going!!!
Old 06-01-2010, 06:51 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Awakening...

Hang in there Dub.