Notices

Right now I want to drink and...

Old 06-01-2010, 10:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Right now I want to drink and...

I don't care about my life. As in suicidal. Early this morning (3 AM) I found out my Uncle died, he was kind of like a Dad to me since my own...wasn't arond

Then I wake up this morning and find out

Ryan officially ended it. Through FB. Changed his status to single. Deleted me off his friends. Didn't even call me. Didn't even email me. Didn't even send a text. He's been putting me through so much **** but I thought at the end of it all we'd get back together because he said he just needed space...

Now he ended it and he was really the only thing that mattered to me, getting back with him.

I want to call my shrink kind of but it's not really an emergency as badly as I want to do something to myself I won't.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

No man is worth harming yourself. Please call your pdoc and tell them how you are feeling.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry you're feeling this way, I had a bf break up with me like that, (on facebook) no call no text no nothing. Loser.

anyways dear no man is ever worth hurting yourself over and i also suggest you call your pdoc to talk.
are you sober??

xox
Old 06-01-2010, 10:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This is an emergency, call someone. A doctor, your shrink, a friend or other family members. The AA hotline, the Red Cross hotline. Doesn't matter, you need to speak to someone.
Right now you are hurting so much, it's impossible to put everything in perspective.
In proportion I'm sure the loss of your uncle is having more of an impact than a man.
If he can't be there for you now when you need someone, would you really want to be with such a person.
If nothing else stay on SR, go to the chat room. Anything but being alone.
My thoughts are with you.
:ghug3
Old 06-01-2010, 10:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

SS, ask yourself what kind of a *man* ends your relationship on FACEBOOK????

A weasel little skunk-striped COWARD....You are so hurt, I can understand....But you are worth so much more than he could ever give you. You deserve to be treated with love and respect, and he hasn't shown you either of those things. Pick your head up and be proud of yourself that you can rise above his bull$$%^....cut HIM out of your life...let him wonder.

any man who cannot speak to you face to face isn't worth your time & energy.....(I would slap him upside the head with his laptop for you if i could).....
Old 06-01-2010, 12:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

SS.....please make that call to your doctor. This is an emergency.

I have you in my thoughts.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Heathen

I know this is cliche but, its true.

"No man is worth your tears, and the one who is will never make you cry"

Please call someone.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I agree with all the above. This guy isn't worth the time of day for the lousy way he 'ended' it. Please do call someone, talk to someone. Above all else, don't drink. Drinking will only make things worse, I know.

We're here for you. :ghug3
Old 06-01-2010, 01:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you talk to your dr.

You will be able to get through this and find sobriety for yourself.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your loss, and for your pain SS.

Pls do call your therapist if you think at all that you need to.

And I totally agree that no other person is ever worth self harming yourself over - whether by drinking or whatever.

Sometimes life is not very much fun at all...but you have a lot of friends here - keep plugged into SR, ok?

D

Last edited by Dee74; 06-01-2010 at 02:50 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 06-01-2010, 02:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
i've done my almost

With only reading your subject (Right now I want to drink and... )

Don't drink. It's not worth it. If you're an alcoholic...nothing is worth drinking over.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
...than never

Originally Posted by least View Post
Drinking will only make things worse, I know.
Least is right to the nth degree there. I had some traumatic stuff happening pretty soon after I stopped drinking (day 37 now). I really wanted to drink, but what I did instead was walk around with my fists clenched (the clenched fist part is not really recommended) saying over and over to myself "drinking will not help, drinking will not help". The traumatic stuff passed over the next few days and I still had my sobriety. Whatever you gotta do, whoever you gotta call, do it and hold on.

Keep posting here, it really helps us to help you!
Old 06-01-2010, 04:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Been drinking.
I couldn’t not. I know it won’t help but I couldn’t not drink.
Hurting so much right now. Can’t put it into words. Not going to do anything rash. Just don’t know what to do. Talking about it hurts too much. I need Ryan right now but he wants nothing to with me. Or my brother but he’s gone too.
As immature and stupid as this will sound…why me? Not such a terrible person, just don’t understand why all this sh** keeps happening

I’ve just been crying like all day. I’m not a crier but I can’t help it. I haven’t eaten. Not hungry. I just…trying to survive. My Mom and step dad are both worried. They wanted to let me be alone so Julianne is sleeping in their room. Its nice of them I guess

Everything just hurts right no not sure what to do who to turn to or how to be oaky now
Old 06-01-2010, 04:25 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

SS

I really didn't know why me either. For years.

When I finally forced myself to look, I found a lot of the 'why me' was cos I turned to drink way too much. It creates its own problems, and makes you look at yourself and the world in really weird and screwed up ways

I know you're in pain and sad and feeling bad - but drinking's not a solution, SS.

Phone your therapist....get some professional advice and help.

And pls think again about going in for treatment.
I really think not drinking is the way to a better life for you....deal with that and then you can start to deal with everything else.

D
Old 06-01-2010, 04:39 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

^^^^ What he said...
Old 06-01-2010, 04:39 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

So my Joel died because I drank too much? Haha no offense, I know drinking DOESN’T HELP but my brother wasn’t killed in Iraq because I drink. And my Uncle died because he had a stroke. No cos of my drinking.
And Ryan…well my alcoholism may have contributed to that but it was mostly him…I know drinking only makes me hurt more and only makes the bad things worse but the **** I’ve been through isn’t really because of my drinking, unless God is punishing me…in which case I wish I didn’t pi** him off so much.
*MAY TRIGGER FROM HERE ON PLEASE DON’T READ IF YOU DON’T THINK YOU CAN HANDLE THIS*

I’ve been chugging the bottle I have here now. Honestly right now I don’t care if I live or die. I’m hurting so much. I called my shrink but she wasn’t there they were gonna connect me with the doctor on call but I said never mind. Things are bad.
Old 06-01-2010, 04:44 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you're hurting SS.

Drinking didn't make those things happen - but it can't make them unhappen either.

You deserve better than you're giving yourself.

I think the best thing for you to do would be to call the doctor on call, but thats your choice, SS.

Whatever you do - take it easy, OK?.
D
Old 06-01-2010, 07:54 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
part time member

Many of us here on SR have been through terrible things.....not unlike yourself. Drinking isn't going to solve your problems...just create more. Please seeks some help as soon as possible.
Old 06-01-2010, 09:34 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

SS, I am so sorry you are in this bad place right now. I hope you are able to talk to your doctor but only you can make that choice. You deserve so much better and the support is all around you but you have to stop looking at life through the liquor bottle to see the greatness that life has.

I am thinking of you SS. I believe in you.

Huggs - Kim
Old 06-02-2010, 01:14 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hey Someone, I'm sorry to hear about your losses. I'm not going to lie but if I were in your position, I'd probably use too. I did a tour in Iraq and while I was out drinking here in the states, I found out of people I knew that I had died during duty. It is hard to cope with those things. At that time, I was already drinking so it just gave me more reasons to keep drinking.

When it comes to relationships, I want to be that tough guy but deep down, I get very emotional. All my relationships always end up bad and yeah, it really hurts. People will tell me to get over it or go do this or do that but they just dont know. A lot has happened to you over a short period of time and you do need time to grieve. In fact, you deserve it. Like everyone else has said above, drinking wont help. Drinking wont bring back your uncle or your brother. Drinking wont bring back your ex boyfriend. Drinking might make you do regrettable things. Drinking will only numb the pain temporarily and the pain will come back twice as hard when the effects wear off. Point is that drinking wont do you any good, however. I might be condemned for saying this but maybe drinking is okay for you right now.

In the end, drinking will not be the answer and it will only make things worse. I dont know you but I dont think any less of you for drinking right now because like I said, it would probably be what I would do. None of us can know exactly what you are going through but I am sorry that you are feeling pain. I'm still new to this sobriety thing too but I would suggest you to talk with your therapist or maybe even your friends or parents. Whatever you do, I do hope the best for you.