Notices

To Lighten the Mood

Old 05-29-2010, 10:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Scars,Souvineers we never lose

Smile To Lighten the Mood

From the Mouthes of babes:

This is a great story I would like to share, hope its not TMI for the newcomer board but it does relate to my recovery so I would like to share.

My daughter was sitting on my lap earlier and we were chatting (shes 3 and 1/2) she asked me why I wear a bra and she doesn't. I told her it's to protect my body b/c the area underneath can be sensative b/c there are working parts in there that produce milk. She has seen people in public breastfeeding as well as a friend of mine and I told her thats how she got her first milk so she knows all that.

I told her that there are "milk ducts" in there that make the milk for babies to drink and that garmet protects them.

A few minutes later she she came up sat back on my lap and laid her head on my chest and said "Hi duckies" Not thinking she was referring to our previous conversation i asked her what in the word she was talking about.

She said that I had told her there were "ducks in there that make milk for the babies and she was saying Hi to them."

She obviously thought I had said milk ducks not ducts, I laughed soooo hard and tried to explain I had said not quack quack duck but ducts that make the milk.

She seriously looked up at me and then with the absolute sweetest smile said to me "mama do that again" I asked her what? Do what again, thinking she wanted me to explain the difference again, and she said "mama laugh like that again."

I quickly realized that I had not genuienally laughed like that in a very long time. So we tickeled each other and laughed and laughed some more.

When my husband got home I told him the story, he laughed and said "babe, thats what this house has been missing for so long, the little things like your laughter, your smile and your happiness. Whatever you are doing at those meetings is working so please keep going and doing what you are doing, I am so prouud of you, and I am seeing a little of the old you, my wife the woman I married and have missed for so long now, and as I told you before, I want you back so bad, and I want to see you happy."

Hopefully you can all get a chuckle out of this, I wrote the stoy more in depth a while ago and my computer shut down right as I was about to hit send so hopefully this time it still is as funny and conveys the story as well, in regards to how the ducks relate to my recovery, and it's the first time I now know I am actually recovering, and my day is made and I am genuienally happy for the first time in a long time.

I pray for those of you still suffering from alcohol and drugs that you can find your way to where I am now which isnt far as i am only on day 6 of not drinking and it hads not been easy but after only 6 days I have been given this great gift and b/c of it and even more excited about my AA meeting tomorrow and recfovery as a whole. It works!

<3 Dream

p.s. D if you think this is too much personal info. for the NC board, and you think it would be more appropriate, please move it to the woman's only board.
Thank you!
Old 05-29-2010, 11:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety Date: Feb 2009

Thank you very much for your share of your story. It is very nice and inspire me very much. I am very happy now. We need such small and ordinary happiness at home.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's fine Dream. Great story

Thanks!
D
Old 05-29-2010, 11:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dream,

That brought tears to my eyes. I am glad you have recognized what your daughter and your husband have been longing for. It makes it all worth the effort. God Bless You.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Schem i teared up the first time I wrote it but the second time isnt as detailed but whatever.
When my husband used to try to talk to me about my demise he used to say a lot "I want my wife back" and my disease was hearing "I want the house perfectly clean all the time again like it used to be", "I want you to be the "bread Winner" againand make the great $ you used to so I can buy all the electronics I want and not worry about $", i jeard I want you back in shape and have the great body you used to when you worked out regularly" "I want the person back that held everythign together and was Ms. perfect"

My disease tried to tell me that maybe I am not that oerfect person anymore I am broken, shes never coming back, maybe this is me now, since weve been together 15 years practically sice HS, my disease told me people change people grow apart, it didnt let me see the truth which is "you are a mess, a drug addict and alcoholic and you are turning into your mother the person you always told me you would NEVER be and didnt want to turn out like.
Hmmmmm, I am so happy I am learning all of this and recovering.

<3 Dream
Old 05-30-2010, 12:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I don't think your husband or daughter want anything more than their best friend and mother back.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I know, thank you

<3 Dream
Old 05-30-2010, 03:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Dream,

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I can just feel your recovery in your posts. That was one awesome post and you are so lucky to have a supportive H. Many of us do so much damage to our relationships that it is too late to salvage them when we finally decide to get sober. This is obviously not the case for you.

Keep up the good recovery.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

QUACK!!!! Awwww......... I love the end, when your husband tells you all that great stuff. Thanks for sharing the cute story.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:03 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

very cool! Thanks- great way to start my day- and yours as well!
D
Old 05-30-2010, 07:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Awakening...

Dream, that story is adorable. Glad to see your family getting stronger and closer again.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:06 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

That is precious Dream. Everytime I see a Quack Quack duck, I will be reminded of your story.

For your daughter to ask you to laugh again like you just had, is moving. Isn't she lucky to have a sober Mom and because of that, will remember times like that when she gets older and YOU are lucky to have a loving husband, one that wants laughter to ring in your home. It doesn't get better than that Dream.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:16 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
jsm

Dream--You are very inspiring to me. You are right ahead of me in this and I am trying to follow. Keep it up! Did you get the Suboxone?