Notices

Hard Stomach

Old 05-26-2010, 04:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hard Stomach

Hey there,

I haven't drank for a few days now (and so this may not even be alcohol related), but I'm having what I can only describe as a hard stomach, almost a bloated feeling. I know that people on here are not doctors and as such can not give medical advice, and I will consult a doctor if the symptoms persist, but was just wondering if anybody else had went through a similar thing before?

Thanks a lot
Old 05-26-2010, 04:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

what's your diet like? i had lower abdominal swelling when I drank heavily....it doesn't go away overnight and everyone is different. I would keep to a light diet with LOTS of liquids that aren't filled with sugar....vegetables, fresh fruit and take OTC liver antioxidants, like milk thistle, tumeric.

for me it was chicken broth with some veg. cooked into it, then added proteins as I felt better....in a couple of days if it doesn't improve,tell the doctor.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Heathen

I would see a doctor, that can be caused by so many different things. I don't have any personal experience with that type of symptom.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, I agree that talking to your dr is a good idea.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have that!!

This is my 6th day sober and I have had an uncomfortable bloating feeling - sometimes feel a bit sick with it too :-(
Old 05-26-2010, 01:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you'll go get it checked out Bored3...you too almay

D
Old 05-26-2010, 02:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Scars,Souvineers we never lose

Some good old fiber is always worth a try, not as a diagnosis or cure just for some temp. relief until you can get to the Dr.
Im not giving medical advice as resulting from your stopping drinking, just more for possible temp relief. Bloating and bowel symptoms can sometimes be helped by eating some good fiber filled foods like spinach, or you can find a list of natural fiber filled foods online, or there are fiber drinks and chewable suppliments you can always try to get some relief until you can get to your Dr since you do have other issues going on now.
Take Care!
<3 Dream