Notices

Day 17

Old 05-22-2010, 04:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 17

Today is my third Saturday sober. It feels so good to wake up at 6 AM and feel ready to face the day productively. Breaking that pattern on the evening 6 pack (or 8 or 9) was not easy the first week or so but I really feel that I am on my way. My cigarette smoking has spun out of control though. I am compulsively smoking cigarettes to the degree that I am going to face this problem next. I am 39 years old and drank pretty regularly for the past 10 years. Before that I was more or less a weekend booze hound. I am hoping I can make this a permanent lifestyle change and get healthy again. 10 years ago i was in top physical condition. Over the past five years I stopped exercising, ate poorly and drank a ton of beer. Also started smoking again 4 years ago. This is the first time since my late twenties that I felt motivated to live a healthy lifestyle. SR has been a great help over the past 17 days. Thank you all. Time to get started with my Saturday chores which have been neglected for quite awhile.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Better now than never

I quite smoking 2/14/10 - Drinking 5/10/10. One day @ a time. I was up at 5am watching a great movie before anyone else woke..... My "ME" time Have a great day!
Old 05-22-2010, 05:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for that post Hope! Congratulations on your new life!! Way to go!
Old 05-22-2010, 05:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Vanity in the good sense - or a return to self-appreciation or decency or healthy living, whichever applies - is a good kick to be on when working on staying quit. In the past it wasn't deeply inspiring enough for me as an impetus to quit and stay quit, but it counts in different ways for people. When we need to focus on the less heavy things in our mind, it is in the background as a good stabilizer - good habits, like exercise and what have you.
Old 05-22-2010, 05:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Smile

ODAAT.. You Can Do it..
Old 05-22-2010, 05:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Congratulations, Hope - way to go! I'm right there with you on the cigarettes and hoping to quit, too. It's funny how we start to care about ourselves once we put that drink down. Feels good, for sure!!!!