Notices

What to do if you need someone to talk to?

Old 05-21-2010, 01:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What to do if you need someone to talk to?

I'm having a hard time right now and just need someone to talk to.... Is there a number I can call to talk me out of my drinking mind?
Old 05-21-2010, 02:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Recent T-totaller

Originally Posted by MariahG View Post
I'm having a hard time right now and just need someone to talk to.... Is there a number I can call to talk me out of my drinking mind?
Hi there,

I don't know were you live but generally there are crisis numbers for these kind of situations. You can probably find them in the beginning of yellow page books with other doctor numbers.
They can also point you to AA and other support possibilities. In the mean time good for you for coming here to ask for help
Old 05-21-2010, 02:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Margareth View Post
Hi there,

I don't know were you live but generally there are crisis numbers for these kind of situations. You can probably find them in the beginning of yellow page books with other doctor numbers.
They can also point you to AA and other support possibilities. In the mean time good for you for coming here to ask for help

I'm going to look now in the phonebook. Thank you, again.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thumbs down

I called 211...(I'm in the U.S) nobody answered and the automated system said to leave a message... I am going to have a drink.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Mariah, you can also check the resource directory at the front of this site. And obviously you can read and reply to posts here. I can't force you not to drink, but that doesn't sound like the way to go. I eliminated alcohol from my house when I quit.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
dopeless hope fiend

I hope you didn't drink. Situations like these are perfect examples of what works about 12 step programs. You have a sponsor and a network of recovering friends that are a phone call away when you need support.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Mariah,

There is always someone online here and you can always come and read and learn. I find inspiration here all the time.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Heathen

You can find an AA number online probably.. or just jump into chat when you're feeling like you need to connect to people.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you didn't drink either Mariah.

Like Anna and Smacked said - there's always someone here, or in chat.

There are two nationwide numbers we give out for the US

The National Drug and Alcohol Treatment Referral Routing Service available at 1-800-662-HELP. This service can provide you with information about treatment programs in your local community and allow you to speak with someone about alcohol problems

Hopeline-dot-com has free 1-800 line that will connect any caller in the US who needs help to a certified crisis center nearest the caller's location. Services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The number is:

1- 800-784-2433
and many states have a 24 hour AA hotline - if OH doesn't, ring a neighbouring state...I found a lot of links just by Googling AA 24 hour hotline

D