Notices

bring it on day 5

Old 05-25-2010, 06:34 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

5 Days sober

Congrats Disgrace - I know exactly how hard this is. Today is only my 5th day so you are further along then me. I have to admit I didnt feel that great today - didnt sleep well last night which has made me irritable. However, i hope I can stay as strong as you have been and see day six tomorrow.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:35 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

You're doing well Almay, you're more than halfway now to your 1st week. I dont always feel strong, but I have to do this!! I've done quite well with my sleep the last couple of days, I did have a couple of sleepless nights at the start, when I was up virtually all night thinking about all the stupid things i've done. Things can only get better.xxxx
Old 05-25-2010, 08:39 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I am really excited at the thought of a whole week without poison. I too have to and want to do this. Its great waking up without a hangover. xx
Old 05-25-2010, 11:48 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Persevere, Never give up!

Hi Almay im glad u could join us, hope to see you on Day 6 with your cuppa. I was just thinking perhaps if the NO sleep is getting to you, Lavender (the herb) you can buy it in Aromatherapy essential oil, perhaps start off with a nice hot bath, 6 drops mixed in the water, then put a few drops on your pillow, should really help to make you feel more relaxed and sleep better!!! Take it with you where ever u go. It has so many uses, for headaches, 1 neat drop rubbed into each temple. Insect bites/burns, use neat. Maybe buy some aroma scented candles.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:36 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Good Morning all ''Coffee Clubbers'' its a bright new day, coffee is ready, so how we alll doing? here is a prayer for all of you today '' I pray for all my friends that you may never lose the meaning of life, or not taste the best it has to offer, never miss out on the its greatest and most lasting joys, may we never wake up and realise that we have been so busy with our outer shells we missed out on the real purpose of life, the richness and joy of a life with GOD! and the excitement born from a frienship with the FATNER!'' Amen
Old 05-26-2010, 12:58 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Top of the mornin' to you all!

So who fancies a full Irish breakfast on this cold and rainy morning?!!

Big hugs to you all,

Almath
Old 05-26-2010, 02:58 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Morning my fellow breakfast clubbers. Thank you for the prayer Mamm, it's very meaningful. Sorry I missed the full Irish Almath, I'm in work and its a bit difficult. Boring old Weetabix for me this morning! Never mind, I'm off tomorrow so will make up for it then!
The weather is grey, gloomy and wet today in N.W u.k but never mind, I'm still feeling good and through every cloud is a silver lining! Hope you are all feeling good too!

I'm going to try and change my user name over the next couple of days, as a couple of S.R friends dont like it very much, so I'm thinking of something a bit more positive.

Anyway, have to go and do some work now. Speak later.

Big hugs xxxx
Old 05-26-2010, 03:21 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Day 6 Whoop Whoop

I am now officially on day 6 without a drink. Slept slightly better last night still feeling a bit tired today. My biggest challenge will be this evening. It is my partners Birthday and 6 of us are going for a meal. And I am determined not to drink. An even bigger challenge is that I am going on holiday to Greece for 1 week (fly tomorrow). I have to make it through the whole holiday without a drink and i sincerely hope I do!!
Thanks for the lavender tip Mamm - I am going to try that this evening to see if it makes a difference. xx
Old 05-26-2010, 03:42 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi Almay

If you make through tonight, and you will do, you can celebrate one whole week tomorrow. That feels so good.

The holiday will be a challenge but you can do it. I'd tell people I was on antibiotics and can't drink!! I'm going away in July to Portugal for 10 days and whats worse is it's an all inclusive holiday. It was booked many months ago. I'm hoping God will give me strengh!

Have a fab time and be good. speak soon. xxx
Old 05-26-2010, 04:18 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Dear Almay,

Congratulations on getting this far!! You WILL get through it this evening and as Disgrace mentioned you can always say you're on Antibiobics, etc. Imagine how proud you're going to be tomorrow when you hit the 1 week and even prouder when you come back from Greece after hitting the 2-3 weeks! Drink plenty of lovely juices/non-alcoholic cocktails, sparkling water, diet coke, etc. That's what I've been doing for the last 108 days and I'm getting over all these hurdles! I have dinner tonight with some 'drinking' friends and will NOT be touching alcohol. The longer you do this the more used to it you'll become and you'll not know yourself in a few weeks - I promise!! Plus you're not going to have those hangovers in the morning which will be such a great feeling on holidays! Get up early - go for walks along the beach - have a lovely Greek breakfast :-) What part of Greece are you going to btw? (my hubby is Greek :-)).

Big hugs,

Almath
Old 05-26-2010, 04:30 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Thanks for words of support. I am going to Kalamaki in Zante. Then in July I am going to Stalis in Crete (I love Greece).
I am hoping that I will be strong enough to say no to the first drink. I feel better for not drinking (obviously) but I am really bloated at the moment and keep feeling sick (Struggling big time to go to the toliet). Dont know if any of you have had that and probably too much information but it is making me feel quite ill. Will probably go to the doctors.
The struggles we all have to face with Alcohol are everywhere and sometimes I feel quite tempted - but this is my frist attempt to quit this for years so I am dertermined now that I have nearly done a whole week. Just want to keep feeling better and better :-)

Congrats to all for staying sober!!xx
Old 05-26-2010, 12:28 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Evening people. All these holidays sound marvelous, wish it were me, we gearing up for Fifa 2010, u fortunately mainly a boys thing! Whilst u all on holiday, u have a good reason NOT to drink alcohol, i am sure it would go down well, if u all said, we are drinking water to be good to our bodies. Well done Almay so glad u had a good 6th day, nearly at one week. Thanks Almath for that so so yummy breakfast, havent eaten like that for a long while. Have an awesome evening all. DG yes definately time to change yr name, it was never a good one to start with, perhaps ''dynamo!'' only kidding!
Old 05-26-2010, 08:50 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Good Morning all. Hope you are all having a splendid day, instead of coffee, i have honey and lemon tea, feeling alot better today, thanks. Well done everybody another day to mark down. Chat later XXX
Old 05-27-2010, 12:33 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Morning all and glad you're feeling better Mamm. Honey & lemon is just the best! Still thinking about my new name, I'm certainly not a 'dynamo' though! Quite the opposite really. I may just drop the dis bit at the beginning. Grace, I like that. Mind you I've got to figure out how to do it first, seeing as I'm not very technical!

Any way, what we having with our coffee today?

One week and three days now. Wow! I've not even got any inclination to drink alcohol at the moment. How good is that? Hope you are all well and staying strong. My best wishes and thoughts are with Almay on her holidays!!Stick with it Almay. We can do this!! xxxxxx

Oh, nearly forgot, I've got a very interesting three weeks looming ahead. My sons g.friend and baby son, aged 6 mths, are coming over on Saturday, for 3 weeks. She lives in Madrid, but is from the Dominican and doesn't speak any English, only speaks Spanish. I can just about say a few lines in Spanish, such as 'Where is the Pharmacy & where are the toilets?' Should be interesting. Anyway, it will help keep me on the straight & narrow for the next 3 weeks!

Much love to you all. Speak later.xx
Old 05-27-2010, 01:51 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

All I can say GOD is good! Awesome stuff. The family over sounds interesting, cute to have a baby that age, starting to be interested in the world around it. Definately goi g to keep u on your toes. I like Grace to or 'Graceful' Nearly lunch time, think we hould have toasted Cheese or sones and cheese. Perhaps a nice mixed salad with chicken strips?
Old 05-28-2010, 12:32 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Another new day has dawned. Can you believe it is week end again, having a nice strong coffee this am, feeling so much better. Hope all you coffee clubbers are doing well.. Thinking of you all.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:35 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Good morning all, though it's a cold, wet, windy one where I am. Think we had our two days of summer last weekend. Glad your feeling better Mamm.
Can't believe it's Friday again. Time is flying by. As you all know, I find Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays hard, Monday too this w/end as it is bank holiday, but I am determined not to waver. I've no wine in the house. The other half has a great big bottle of whiskey in the cupboard, which has been there for weeks ( he hardly ever drinks), but it keeps waving at me and I've told it to 'get lost'.

Anway, coffees brewing if anyone fancies one and I've got some bread baking too. Smells gorgeous!

Is alcoholism a desease or an addiction? I've read so many conflicting items about it and I'm confused.

Speak later. xxxx
Old 05-28-2010, 02:48 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's easy to get lost in definitions, disgrace...and that's not always helpful IMO.

I found it more useful simply to look at it as something that was causing many problems in my life and needed to be fixed

I think the need for action trumps the need for definition, myself, at least initially.
D
Old 05-28-2010, 03:05 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hey there (D)Grace,

Great to hear from you and how well you're doing - it truly, honestly has given me a real lift to hear this as it's been a very difficult week for me..(bad news from home about Mum..). If you find yourself going near that cupboard think of the last 'incident' you went through...that's what I'm doing - I have a mental list of some of the horrible incidents/situations I got myself into which make me shudder when I think of them and makes me want to run a mile from the bottle..

It might be difficult for me to get online at the weekend - my husband is running in the 20kms of Brussels so I'll be out and about for that but probably watching the Eurovision on Sat night (I know..I'm SAD :rotfxko) - will vote for the UK and of course Ireland as we seem to have a decent song for once though I'm SURE we won't win it!!

Big hugs to you, Mamm and the breakfast club ,

Almath

PS - Please think/or pray for my Mum who will be operated on Monday and then starts radiotheraphy, etc.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:35 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers for your mum Almath
D