Notices

this evening

Old 05-18-2010, 01:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

this evening

Nearly the end of day two! I went out for dinner to the local pub with my friend. I drank blackcurrant and soda with my meal! We had coffee after and I forgot and was on the verge of ordering a brandy coffee, suddenly realised that's a no no and just had a plain black coffee. Please with myself then.

I am back in work at 08.00 in the morning and it will be good to drive in completely sober, no hangover and not worrying about whether I stink like a brewery!!

My biggest challenge will be the weekend, but I intend keeping busy and focused and talking to you lot when I feel the need. xxx
Old 05-18-2010, 01:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SR Fan

excellent job! Just keep that image in mind (waking up sober.... aahhhh). You can do it!

The first week I was afraid of my thoughts, as they were so ingrained with getting that drink. But they're already becoming tamer and easier to deal with (even after a just a couple weeks). Yea!
Old 05-18-2010, 02:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're doing well!
Old 05-18-2010, 09:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

{in Borat voice} Very Nice!

Old 05-19-2010, 12:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by disgrace View Post
Nearly the end of day two! I went out for dinner to the local pub with my friend.
First off, great job on Day 2!!

I have to say this though, and I hope you don't take it personally:

You're only on your second sober day and already hitting the pubs with your mates? Wow. Not judging you at all Disgrace, but any social situations that revolve around booze is that last place I want to be now that I'm struggling to find lasting sobriety.

Just a word of advice and then I'll shut up. That you handled it well this time doesn't mean you will be capable every time. My recent experience attending a rock concert showed me that lesson. Never again will I underestimate the insidious nature of our illness.

Two things I had read on SR recently really hit home as I read your post.

"If you are constantly hanging out at a barber shop, before too long you will end up with a haircut."

"Those who have been repeatedly burned should eventually learn not to stand next to a raging inferno"

Again I am not judging you, just explaining how sobriety succeeds or fails for me, based on my actions.

At any rate, big ups on your 2nd day sober and I hope and pray you will stick with it.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Persevere, Never give up!

Well done on day 2. I hope you consider carefully where to spend your time and have good friends to spend it with.

*FrIeNdShIpS*,

which means taking chances.

I learned that sometimes the things we want to forget
are the things which we most need to talk about...
I learned that TIME and LOVE can heal all things...
I learned that just when you think it can't get worse - it does! ....
but with the love and support of friends - you survive...
I've learned that when you start feeling BaD about L O S I N G touch and about those that you' lost!
They too, are feeling the same way....
Old 05-19-2010, 01:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you. I appreciate what you are saying and take it on board. Actually I very rarely go out and the evening had been planned many weeks ago. It could be 6 months before I go out again. I'm on day three now, in work, fresh, alert and sober and intend staying that way.

The atmosphere at home is still bad, which is as expected. But I will try and try my very best.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Persevere, Never give up!

Red face

Originally Posted by disgrace View Post
Thank you. I appreciate what you are saying and take it on board. Actually I very rarely go out and the evening had been planned many weeks ago. It could be 6 months before I go out again. I'm on day three now, in work, fresh, alert and sober and intend staying that way.

The atmosphere at home is still bad, which is as expected. But I will try and try my very best.
my heart goes out for you. about home, things have been said & done, which only time can heal. GOD can deal with the brokenness aund u just work on you, day by day! and as u heal and recover things will look brighter. (((HUGS)))) i am proud of you!
Old 05-19-2010, 03:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Isn't it amazing how great we feel when we wake up sober? No worries, no physical aches/pains and another day down for sober time. So glad you held firm and look forward to your sober recovery.

All the best!