Notices

Motivation

Old 05-19-2010, 04:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Motivation

Not sure if this thread belongs here. If not, mods please move accordingly thanks!!

After a long absence from the board I bumped an old thread to discuss my recent failure. I was good for 7 months and then got absolutely blasted one night and drove home. It was the first time in a long time that I had drank with this particular friend, and I went way overboard.

I was thinking about getting some kind of motivational tattoo to remind me to stay focused on not drinking. Anyone have any ink like that? Tell us. Or post pictures. I only have tattoos that mean something to me. I have symbols for my family and country on me already. This one would mean a lot to me as well.....Anyone want to share?
Old 05-19-2010, 04:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thats a pretty cool idea, I have been thinking of doing the same, but couldnt come up with any ideas. Nice thread!
Old 05-19-2010, 06:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello Catfish. I'm not sure if you do the AA thing but that is the program I am involved in. One of the guys that I met in my home group has a tattoo of the AA symbol. The symbol is like a triangle with a circle around it. You might want to google it and see what it looks like. He got it on the inside of his arm about 6 months ago. He just celebrated 6 months of sobriety so i'm guessing he got it this last time of quitting.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah i have i got PROGRESS 09 tattoed on my stomach because i was going to kill myself or get sober last year...if you've got similar motivation then get a tattoo, if you think a tattoo will keep you sober though, it won't:-)
Old 05-19-2010, 10:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by yeahgr8 View Post
Yeah i have i got PROGRESS 09 tattoed on my stomach because i was going to kill myself or get sober last year...if you've got similar motivation then get a tattoo, if you think a tattoo will keep you sober though, it won't:-)
Yeah, it will take more than just a tattoo, but maybe I can look down at it and remember what I am fighting for it will help