Notices

Pressure in my head.

Old 05-14-2010, 12:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Pressure in my head.

This is day 3 and I feel physically sluggish and weak. I just mowed the lawn for an hour. Thought about drinking, and just can't come up with one reason that would be a good idea. That is a first. LOL

I feel strong in my will not to drink, but my head feels like someone stuck a hose in my brain and started inflating. Not really painful, just a strange sensation, kind of like a sinus infection.

I carry on with sobriety in hopes that I feel better in the future. I just hope I feel better soon. My BIGGEST fear is that I won't feel any better.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

mistake
Old 05-14-2010, 12:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What is a mistake? I didn't drink, I said I thought about it. I'm just being honest. These are thoughts I have, I can't help my thoughts, judge me by my actions.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Winton, you are entitled to your opinions and to post on here as often as you like. That was a short answer from Mark and you will get that on occasion. I am glad you moved through your craving. You know you can do it now.

As far as your head, why not consult a doctor about it. Sinus infections, if that's what it is, need antibiotics to clear up I believe. Husband used to get them a lot back when he smoked. Not so much anymore. Any ways, I go to the doctor if my health is worrying me because otherwise I'll worry myself into a frenzy.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sorry... I thought I was posting on another thread and my post was a mistake.... so I edited it and just thoughtlessly wrote "mistake".

Yea those first few days are pretty crazy... Never want to go back to them... try to distract yourself from those wacky feelings you get...
Old 05-14-2010, 12:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Heathen

See a doctor..

and I'm *pretty sure* Mark typed "mistake" in his post because he posted something here by mistake,and we cannot delete our posts... been there done that.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Heathen

oops and there he clarified while I was ha!
Old 05-14-2010, 01:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hi Winton - For the first week or so, I had headaches too, but the worse part I think is feeling exhausted. It took a good 5 or 6 days to get my energy back and the best part is that when I got it back, it was better than I'd felt in years. Now that I'm in the second week, I had a day or two where I felt that really low energy level again. Of course, there's always a chance that sinus is part of it for you(or a little allergies maybe? after all, you were out mowing the lawn.....?)

This is fun: giving a doctor advice! haha....! Anyway, hang in there - I'll bet things really improve for you in the next several days.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Scars,Souvineers we never lose

Maybe your a little or a lot dehydrated and need to drink a ton of H2O after mowing the lawna nd its HOT out there today so I am sure you broke at least a little sweat. THats when I get the worst headaches...especially after quitting drinking 6 days ago...my body tells me when I need some water and it lets me know by giving me the MOST KILLER headaches I have ever experienced. I also noticed them when I got pregnant and quit drinking for that entire time, I thought the headaches were from being preggo but I now know (b.c I am having the same exaclt headaches) that it wasnt from being preggo but that I was going through alcohol WD's and I wasnt drinking (b/c I was trying to get pregnat, but was still drinking of course) but wasnt drinking NEARLY as much as I was this time around and quit b/c my life became HELL but it was the same exact type and strength of headache i had last time, and drinking tons of water helped both times.
I actuall have been dealing wih one all day (on and off) as well so hang in there, hopefully if you have some the H2O will help! Good Luck...
<3 Dream
Old 05-14-2010, 02:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Definitely please do see your doctor Winton - it's really important our well being be paramount at this early stage

D
Old 05-14-2010, 07:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey Winton,

I'm still here, a day behind you on Day 2: that foggy horrible head is how I feel too. Dried out and cottonwool/sand filled is how I feel from the neck up--even with the 3 litres of water a day i'm trying to drink! I think it will pass. Hopefully soon!

Is it ethanol withdrawal? I think every cell in our bodies was dependent on the instant sugar from the alcohol too, so eveything feels so off and different. We were so topped up with ethanol everything was functioning in an abnormal way: heart, brain, skin, liver...everything. Thoughts too; the thoughts you have are altered and I guess our brains are trying to make sense of the lack of "ethanol assault"...

I'm just doing very basic baby-steps: making sure I eat often (not junk food) and drink alot of water and take lots of vitamins. I'm staying away from coffee as i'm jittery enough already; just one weak tea this morning...

It's great that you did some lawn mowing: any physical activity will tire you out so that you are more easily able to get to sleep and heal.

I love that our bodies are capable of fixing themselves while we sleep (for these first few days it's just hard to be awake and conscious of the struggle to right itself the body is experiencing...)

I'm trying to let each confused or terrible thought just pass in and out of my mind. I just physically go and do something else. I took 2 hours to hand was my dishes, one at a time...just to use the activity as a distraction. I plan to vaccuum with the same deliberate slowness later today. Anything to distract from that crazy-cycle of doubts and regrets. It's a bit mad, but it worked for me this morning...lots of little activities and distractions.

Keep going! I'm right behind you!

LW

LW