Notices

Another Day 12

Old 05-14-2010, 06:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another Day 12

Another day 12 for me. So much has happened over the past year. Our business is thriving but as our business picked up, so has my anxiety.
Dealing with the anxiety has been painful. Wine in the evening sure did not solve that issue so finally I am working on the defects.
Dragged out the Big Book; the only book that I really identify with.

My question is this: how when you only have 12 days, do you deal with friends who still drink wine w/ dinner? We have some good friends who enjoy wine w/ dinner and for me, that means four glasses, not one.

At day 12, I don't feel ready to tackle this yet.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

After reading some replies I am just astounded at how blessed I am in this 12 days. I've had no problems sleeping, crankiness in the first 3 days but that is about it, I am really eating much healthier than I was with a glass of wine in me every evening; go figure; I must be strange
Old 05-14-2010, 08:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I had to ask my Mom in the beginning not to drink around me. Sound selfish? Probably was, but I needed to get some time under my belt. It now doesn't bother me if she drinks because I just know I can't. Not a normal drinker and I, like you, wouldn't have just 1 glass. May have to avoid having dinner with those friends in the beginning too.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Horselover. At 5 PM our family breaks out the wine. I is so "normal" for them to do this. I just am not up for it anymore. My fight has gone out of me, I am powerless.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I would have not have been able to have alcohol around me at such an early stage, ImagineMe.

I had to make a few changes in my lifestyle - many were temporary, a few were permanent

Nothing is more important to me than staying sober cos everything else I have comes from that

D
Old 05-19-2010, 06:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. Day 17 around here and although I have a rough spot around 8 PM in the evening, I am able to get past it and enjoy my evenings.