Notices

Day 3 and not feeling good at all

Old 05-13-2010, 10:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 and not feeling good at all

Well I'm trying for the hundredth time to stop drinking and this is day 3. Last time drinking was a fifth and an 18 pack and I woke up on day 1 still drunk most of the day. Day 2 I was hungover half the day and my hands were, and still are, shaking and I still feel sick. Hopefully I can sleep tonight (also have insomnia) and tomorrow will be a better day.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds familiar. The day after I am usually drunk until about 5 P.M. Then I start feeling like ****. I'm on day 2, well day 3 as it is after midnight. LOL I feel alright, but can never sleep! Seems the most I get is around 4 hours, but I have the urge for naps during the day.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow i thought i was at least a Lieutenant in the alcoholic ranks but man you are a General, a fifth and a crate of 18 in a session!!!

Seriously go and see the doc man, i felt like crap whilst detoxing and didn't take anything but that is a hugh amount and you must have a very high tolerance...my flipant remark above aside you must go to the docs and if you are anything like me you wont want to but please go!
Old 05-14-2010, 06:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeahgr8 beat me too, but I'm glad someone suggested it. PLEASE see your doctor! We wouldn't want anything bad to happen to you. Especially since you have made this decision. Now is the time to take care of yourself.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Winton, I feel bad but relieved someones situation is close to mine. I also get about 4 hours of sleep on average but the last couple weeks have been 2 to 3. I feel like a zombie for the first few hours at work. yeahgr8, I've been drinking heavily since I was 17 and come from a family of alcoholics so I guess my tolerance is a little high. By the way I like your avatar. RE is awesome. As for seeing a doctor I have called around and then got this crazy idea in my head that I could get sober on my own. Still debating on whether or not I go.
Oh and this is day 4 and I feel a lot better...just a little shaky and anxious. Hopefully I can get past Friday.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Scars,Souvineers we never lose

I think day 3 was he hardest for me physically too for the alcohol and the drugs which I did about a week apart. I am not sure why the WD's seem to peak on that day. Maybe its when your body is really cleaning itself out and all that poison is finally getting all out of you or its the day your mind knows that your body and mond are at their weakest and you brain is trying to trick you into using telling you (I remember it all to well as it was just 3 days ago for me) that you are at your most vonerable state and that just 1 drink or sip can take all this pain away, and it could, but then it will also erase all of the hard work you already did, and if anyone thinks that getting to 3 days is easy they have no idea what its like to go through what we did and you are right now, but if you do that you will be inviting all of those problems baclk into your life and forgetting all the reasons you stopped in the first place that you may need to grab a peicve of paper real quick or use word and make a list of all the reasons you quit in the first place and then read it and bleieve (b/c I am sure you will be shocked to see) that you are reading about yourself which is har dto do when you cant believe the thnigs you did while drinking, I am pretty sure you wont want to drink after reading that about YOURSELF but you may want to throw up
Im serious, writing works wonders, and reading it back to youself does as well.
That would be my suggestion, I was in too much of a haze on day 3 to think of doing that and wish someone would have suggested it to me and I wish i would have done it, but I some how made it through,
Hang in there, let me know if you write it out and it works b.c then I may suggest it to more people (and maybe you will too) when you get to 6 dys like me and you read the posts of people on here struggling just like you today.
Good Luck! <3 Dream
Old 05-14-2010, 09:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Your doin good bl87. There is no down side to seein a doc though. Please still consider it.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you decide to see a doctor bl87.
It really is in your best interests.

D