Notices

Day 14 off of Opiates, I feel extremely light-headed...

Old 05-13-2010, 01:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 14 off of Opiates, I feel extremely light-headed...

Today makes 14 days off of oc's and roxy 30's. i feel great other than every single time i get up, i get extremely light headed, like i am about to pass out. i have to stop where im at and close my eyes. this just doesnt happen every now and then... this is every single time i stand up---doesnt matter if i am laying down or standing up... i feel like im going to pass out... and my heart starts to race. i would like to know if anyone else felt like this.... if so how long did it last. Im hesitating on going to the doctor... dont want anyone knowing my business unless they have to... thanks!
Old 05-13-2010, 02:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please don't hesitate going to the doctor Laura...whats more important - your reputation or your health?

Perhaps go to another Doctor if it's that much of a concern?
D
Old 05-13-2010, 03:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It never ceases to amaze me that addicts will put off going to the doctor because they don't want the doctor to know anything. I'm not sure the doctor wouldn't even care. I'm not bashing you, I said the very same thing time and time before. I just cant stop thinkin that we didn't think twice about the lying, stealing and dishonesty we displayed to our families and friends while we were using but we clam up and worry about our reputations in front of a doctor that we may not even know. Don't mess with our health. I had the same dizziness with whole body hot flashes were I felt I would pass out. I did pass out..sort of.. I ended up having multiple seizures, and only found out they had occured after they had happened. I woke up with my face covered in slobber and my arms and legs hurting horribly. Head throbbing because I had unknowingly smacked it repeatedly against a wall.
I'm not trying to be mean to you Laura, I just hope that if the seizures are that worrying to you, that you'll go see a doctor and be honest. You don't want to have a seizure or pass out and smack your head. You will probably find that the doctor will be quite accomodating and supportive of what you are trying to do. Don't be ashamed. BTW were you abusing tramadol by any chance?
Chris
Old 05-13-2010, 03:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, please do check with your doctor Laura.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

CJSG-no I wasnt taking Tramadol. Just Roxies & OC's.
Thanks for the support you all! Still haven't went to the doc But the dizziness seems like it is subsiding... well a little bit
Old 05-15-2010, 11:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Mrs

I am on day 7 from detoxing from morphine. I did go to the doctor and he was no help. He did say that he would not give me pain medication in the future. I told my last doctor that I had a drinking problem. She would not give me pain medicine after that. Even when I had a bad bladder infection. I'm not saying you shouldn't go. Just know that you probably want be getting anything else for pain even if you need it.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats not my experience, Tribal.
From reading here for over 3 years, it's not the experience of the majority of posters here either.

If you're dissatisfied with your treatment, I recommend you find a new doctor.

If this keeps happening, then maybe there's something else going on?
D
Old 05-15-2010, 04:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Mrs

Great!! I'm glad for you. My doctor told me it would be illigal to give me pills after me telling him i'm addicted to morphine. He did tell me I could go to a methadone clinic or to a pain management doctor at 400.00 for first visit. I do not have insurance. And no,it's not anything else. I went for help getting free from drugs and alcohol. I am a single mother that works 3 jobs. I have no criminal record and I do not hang in bars.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry my advice has not been helpful to you, Tribal.

All any of us can do here is share our experience - mine is I'm better off putting myself in the hands of professionals than I am self medicating...but sometimes you have to look a while to find a good one.

I'm aware of the health situation in the US.

Did you see my post elsewhere about googling 'free clinics' and 'Alabama?' That may provide you with other options.

Good luck.

D
Old 05-15-2010, 05:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Mrs

I will. I will take all the help I can get. That's why i'm here.