Notices

What, how, help

Old 05-13-2010, 01:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What, how, help

So heres my story. I am a SAHM married 8+ years to my AH and we have 4 kids ranging from 7 to under 1. One of my children has Type 1 Diabetes & requires FT medical care.
My hubby is detoxing at his parents after a relapse following approx 6months clean. He was in rehab 8 months ago (1st time) while I was pregnant with our last (and final) child and only released the day he was born.

His drug of choice is Oxycontin. He has a legal scrip for it as he has had several surgeries. His scrip is not enough, so he deals and buys on the side. He swears he wants to be clean & I thought we were making good progress. We had just moved into our new home when he left for rehab. He has managed to keep working as it's a family biz. His family is very supportive of me and our children. I have protected a good portion of our $$ from him as I no longer trust him or believe the lies of an addict. He will always be taken care of but I have to make sure to take care of myself and our kids. I want to not love him anymore. I want to move on as I just dont have faith that this will be the last time. I don't know how. I don't know how to manage all I already have to do and earn a living too. I don't want to give up all my dreams, my home, the life I could have. If he wasn't an addict.

He has smoked pot throughout our marriage and quit for oxy, was an alcoholic, got a DUI and quit drinking completely several years ago, replaced it all with Oxy. As all addicts he is a manipulative, charming, liar.

Haven't yet consulted with a lawyer but have 2 numbers. I could use a little feedback please to help me sort through this.

None of this is okay with me. I told him he could not ever be here high.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Heathen

I am an addict and alcoholic in recovery, so I can't help personally all that much, but there's a great forum here for folks in relationships with addicts;

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Hope you find the help and support you are looking for.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Dmajik1

Welcome to SR
You will find a lot of help here, in this forum and elsewhere.

Please do check out the link Smacked gave you - you'll find many others in that forum with experience in similar situations and a lot of support and advice.

D
Old 05-13-2010, 03:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome,

I am glad that you are seeking support for yourself.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SR Fan

It sounds like you're making some good choices and I hope your husband is able to kick his addiction. But you're right that there are no guarantees with this disease. I just wanted to wish you the very best; living with an addict is extremely difficult.