Notices

Yesterday was day 3.....Hope...

Old 05-13-2010, 05:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face Yesterday was day 3.....Hope...

Just wanted to say goodmorning to everyone....I feel O.k today....yesterday still felt really bad, but not to much with the anxiety, but still with the guilt and bad shape physically. I spent alot of time reading different post and found an interesting web link provided by CarolD.....Post Acute Withdral (PAW)....I found that so true, or should I say with HOPE......Yes the word is HOPE......My number one question has always been.... how, how, how, does an alcoholic like myself prevents relapse? But after reading this article, I think I'm on my way......LORD willing...................

Today I'll be going on a small trip with my Husbad and Kids....on the other side of the Island.....Some relaxation, and alittle bit of exercise. I'll take a Holy Bible I just bought and my laptop so that I can be in contact with you guys......I'm not giving up on my sobriety!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What I'm doing is everything different this time....Hoping for better results...Love you guys.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Scars,Souvineers we never lose

Have a nice day, Im about to start day 6 and although I feel accomplished I am really just srring how far I have to go and that most of us wont make it to day day, thats just a fact.

I AM going to be here, please stay with me Have a great little trip, other side of the island, sounds like when we lived ni Hawaii and did that for the day b/ the other side of the island was rainy (non stop) and not like the paradise side we lived on but there was a MALL there , which was a bid deal to us bc our side of the island just had really expensive touristy surf shops and a Marshhalls and maybe 1 -2 more store so venturnign to the other side of the island was s BIG DEAL.
Be safe and well talk to you soon.
<3 Dream
Old 05-13-2010, 07:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

You're doing a great job ShyGirl! You've made some plans to do things other than drink. That shoud help. The withdrawl symptoms will get better. Hang in there. Have fun with your family.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you Shygirl! You can do it and don't ever give up. Many people have relapsed, but the ones I worry about are the ones we don't hear from. You can do it and have FUN today! Sounds as though you will.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SR Fan

3 days sober - way to go! Things really started improving for me around day 4 or 5, and they're still getting better. I'm doing the same thing as you, keeping my laptop close by. Keep up the good work!
Old 05-13-2010, 03:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your sober time shygirl

I remember the return of hope too - it's a great feeling isn't it?!
D
Old 05-14-2010, 09:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes, it is a great feeling to have hope...

Dee74, yes it's a wonderful feeling to have hope once again......and thank you all for backing me up.....That, also feels great...to have someone....a stranger care you. By the way I made it thru day 4, which was yesterday. I'm having a nice relaxing time.....I'm at an all inclusive five star hotel over looking a beautiful bay.........And to think I was giving it all away....And even if I was sitting on a bench at a local park, it would be just as great.........I'm just happy to be alive today!......Love you guys....
Old 05-14-2010, 10:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Scars,Souvineers we never lose

Great Job my firend... I'm thinking about you and I know a lot of others are too! Keep it up!!!
<3 Dreams
Old 05-14-2010, 10:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I love the hope that my recovery gives me. I hated the total hopelessness that I felt waking at the end of a binge. Just waiting for the next one. Very depressing.

Recovery has given my life hope and it feels great.

Glad you are feeling hope too.

Life on Life's terms, One day at a time.

Peace
Old 05-14-2010, 11:18 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Persevere, Never give up!

Red face

Originally Posted by Dream2bClean View Post
Great Job my firend... I'm thinking about you and I know a lot of others are too! Keep it up!!!
<3 Dreams
Yes I agree, well done, we all rooting for you. how you doing dream? have been worried about you. been praying for you, glad u survived day 6, u r doing so well!