Notices

Our Horselover has Two Years!!

Old 05-13-2010, 06:08 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

WTG!
Old 05-13-2010, 06:28 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Congratulations! That is amazing! I am totally inspired right now....would love to hear what has helped you get there...I am on day 6!
Old 05-13-2010, 06:58 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

This is a present that is beyond words to me. Thanks to everyone here because you are what keeps me on this path. I log on here with the intent of helping others, but then there's a post or two that reminds me just why I started this journey and from where I came from and how fast I could return if I let my guard down. I NEED you all!!

Thank you all because whether we have 1 day or 2 years you definitely have a lot to give to someone that is trying to change their life. I love this site and I owe it big time for making my life 110 percent better then it was. Change can happen and if, I, a woman in her 40s that drank daily for as long as she can remember can become sober then ANYONE can! Can't emphasize that point enough.

Thanks Hevyn for starting this thread. You are such a dear friend and have stuck with me throughout this. I'm very blessed to have met such wonderful people here. Everyone is important to me, but there are those that have been with me for at least the last year if not the two years and I owe them big time. Jules, that I'm sure visits from time to time, but doesn't post much anymore, was very instrumental in helping me. Dee, you all know, is an amazing and wise friend that has helped me and especially in the beginning when my emotions were all over the place. Rusty that has become my mentor around this place. He shows me true sobriety living and of course, Hevyn, that is a friend that goes beyond cyber world. She is full of compassion and is just amazing. Very blessed to call all these people my friends. Jomey, is somewhere around and has been through her own trials this year, but still finds time for her friends and is such a devout Christian. She inspires me with her strong, deep faith.

Impurrfect and I just came to correspond through pms and she is one amazing person. I think she has had her share of trials and then some, but she has remained clean and that there is a testimony of being able to handle life without drugs or alcohol. Key word is handle life. Never before did I handle things. Always dove into the wine and shut my eyes to it.

Neo is an integral part to SR and he hasn't been on as long as some, but he's become the backbone. His threads inspire and challenge people. Love his contributions.

Least is amazing and is the story of someone that should help everyone to know sobriety is possible. She has her issues with depression, yet she is of the mindset that she will do anything but drink. I can relate to that, but I don't have depression and I know that would make it very hard. There are a lot of people with depression and to see Least and see her accomplish sobriety tells those with that infliction that it can't be an excuse not to be sober.

Coffenut and I follow each other around this place and its so funny because our posts are very similar. Feel a kindred spirit with CN. Glad for getting to know you.

Anna and Carol and Dee all work so hard to keep this site going and temper tempers (so to speak.) There would be no SR without their contributions and their words of wisdom. It wouldn't be here and that I can't fathom and so I owe everything to those 3.

Reubena, Bananagrrl, Fub, Lenina, Angelina243, Humblebee, Scamy, NewBeginning, Dream, Stayinfree, HVACR, Mirage, Hopefulgirl - all of you rock and I thank you all for taking time to contribute to this place and to my thread here. I am blown away that you would take time to post and congratulate me. Brought tears to my eyes this morning to wake up and see that so many good people like yourselves added congratulations. I'm printing this out and will keep it where I can refer to it when I need to feel some deep gratitude in my life. Just ask my good friend, Rusty, about gratitude. Its a secret life to sobriety.

So there you have it Hopefulgirl - Staying sober for me is because of SR, people here, gratitude, daily pledge not to drink for the next 24 hours no matter what, and remembering that there is no going back. I tried every trick in the book to drink "normal" and realized when it came to alcohol there was no normal for me. I was exhausted and completely surrendered to the fact that I could not drink alcohol. It was a huge relief to me not to be struggling with it anymore. I went on to latch on to people here and find out how to live a sober life and that's where I am. I'm still a student and will always love learning more. Find yourself a mentor and don't drink no matter what! xxxx
Old 05-13-2010, 07:05 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Grats to you on your two years
Old 05-13-2010, 07:26 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Awakening...

A belated congratulations to you Horselover. Keep up the good work.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:29 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Awesome, horselover! Like the mods, you seem to be everywhere on this forum, helping those in need! Thank you for being who you are!!!!
Old 05-13-2010, 09:58 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
04-04-2011

Wow....congrats!
Old 05-13-2010, 10:14 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Old 05-13-2010, 10:19 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 2 years!
Old 05-13-2010, 10:33 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'd like to echo Hevyn, S.
You've come a long way

you do a lot for this site and the newcomer - thank you

Enjoy this achievement - have a wonderful day and an even better sober year

hugs!~
D
Ditto!!!you're a great inspiration...congratulations towards a wonderful year #3 next!
Old 05-13-2010, 11:09 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Congratulations!!!
Old 05-13-2010, 12:16 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Old 05-13-2010, 12:46 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Well done Horsie, been a quick 2 years really eh ?

You're a great help to folks round here and put a lot back.

Your the only one still here from when I first started in the 2 weeks and under thread with you I think, great to see our journey continues.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:49 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

You keep me real Fiz. Glad you are doing so great and yes, 2 years goes by too fast when I think of my son. I am surprised we are the only 2 left from that thread, but "hopefully" the others will find their way back or at least to sobriety if not SR.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:15 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hey Sarah! Congratulations! I love you, my sister, and I am so very proud of you! As they say, "You've come a long way, baby!" I wouldn't be where I am today without you! God bless you! Jomey
Old 05-13-2010, 06:48 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Sorry I missed this. My internet was out all day.

You rock, HL. Congratulations!
Old 05-13-2010, 07:19 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Congratulations and thanks for being here. I have always enjoyed and appreciated your posts. Two years of sobriety and Two years of helping others. Thanks for that.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:24 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Congrats!! It is great to see all of your posts along with your gratitude. You are a wonderful role model for us all. Thank you.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:29 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Well Done Friend

Old 05-13-2010, 07:45 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Congrats on 2 years sober!!

And a Big Thanks for you being here Horselover, I've always been encouraged by your posts.. Be proud of yourself you deserve it!!!!

Road