Originally Posted by DayTrader View Post
chancellors

LOL@spell-check.

of course, I meant "counselors"
Old 05-13-2010, 05:12 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
c49
Its time for bed

The best I could ever do with moderation was drink to oblivion one night a week, instead of all week.

Nonsense for me to drink "only a few."

Hey, you know yourself better than anyone so you will get to know what works over time.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:06 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by porkchopped View Post
thank you so much for starting this thread! I have been cruising the site for a few days and this prompted me to finally take the plunge. I too am fearful of people "reassuring" me that I may have abused alcohol on one occasion, but it isn't what constitutes a problem. It is hard for me to say that I choose not to drink -eliminating the possibility to ever place myself in a bad situation,without them wanting me to confess to being what their standard of a raging alcoholic is. I did not drink everyday or too excess every time when I did. But getting in trouble one time with the law was it for me. I am so glad that you all are sharing so freely. Thanks for the present and future support. Seems like a really great group in recovery here.
I'm glad you found it helpful. It's such a ridiculous concept! I'm amazed how much misinformation is out there and how "friends" and coworkers will use it to get you to "have just one".