Notices

What do I do?

Old 05-12-2010, 08:36 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Sobriety saved my life.

I can't really afford to see my doctor, but when I quit for three and a half months about two years ago the detox wasn't that bad for me but I will go if I get concerned. Thank You.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:21 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hello, welcome, and I second almost everything that was said. I'm an atheist and I too have problems with AA semantics. However you'll find people in AA you can talk to I'm sure, I have, but I still steer clear. As was suggested above there are other secular groups, lifering, SMART, to name just two and there is a secular section in this forum, I kind of hang out there...Coming here was a very good move and you'll see it helps too.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:09 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Originally Posted by Flip77 View Post
Today is day number one and I'm scared as hell. I keep telling myself one day at a time and it seems to calm me down a little and all of the posts and replies to my post on SR is also giving me a lot of strength. Please wish me luck, I need it. Flip
We're rooting for you, Flip! I remember that first day well because it wasn't too long ago. It IS scary, but some of that fear is good, so let it motivate you. I agree with some of the other posters that if it gets really rough, go to one of those in-and-out-clinics (even an ER if you have to). Getting through today means it will be better tomorrow and then you deal with tomorrow. Don't get ahead of yourself. I actually found that the anxiety I was having was really a symptom of withdrawals and it got SO much better after just a couple days. Hang in there!