SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   GOOD SOBER MORNING SR (E. coasters...) (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/200797-good-sober-morning-sr-e-coasters.html)

Dream2bClean 05-11-2010 06:56 AM

GOOD SOBER MORNING SR (E. coasters...)

Just a quick good morning before I start my day. Need to keep checking in for support, dayy 4 here and no way I am drinking today. Noon meeting ans then I have to find one for onight, it was suggest i do 2 a day until I am working so thats what I will do, getting out of my house is a good thing too!

Good luck to all still suffering, I pray you find your way!

And for the rest of my sober buddies (I actually feel like I can call myself that now!) Have a wonderful sober day and enjoy all that life being s to you today, b/c today may be the best day of your life! Now it actually can be, its no longer groundhogs day there are so many things I/We can do!

I guess I shoudl say to my E.Coast SR friends! Love you all!

Good morning! <3 Dreams (mine are coming true, yours can too)

Anna 05-11-2010 06:57 AM

I hope you have a good day, Dream!

HopefulGirl 05-11-2010 04:03 PM

Congrats on making it to day four, and to feeling positive and hopeful about your progress! You sound so determined!

I am on day four as well....the first three days went well, and today I am struggling a bit. Trying to focus on all the reasons why being sober is so much better than living a life that is not good enough for me.

Hope you had a fantastic day today, and your meetings went well!

topspin 05-11-2010 06:31 PM

Dream .....and Hopeful ,

Congratulations on the 4 days ; I know how those early days can test ya

Ya'll hang tough, Stay Strong

Dream2bClean 05-11-2010 07:57 PM

Thanks Topspin...Hepeful I am having a roung day 4 as well too...probbly b.c I didnt do much for my recovery today. I was very busy with errands and household things I was putting off while drunk using I had to take care of today and besides SR didnt do much else, and some praying of course too.

I feel a bit depressed, quite a bit... Also very tired which has been the usual but I didnt take my afternoon nap (which I am very lucky I do get to take but wont be able to for much longer hopefully if I get a job)

For those who have been following me I had spinal fusionsurgery and I am in a lot of back pain today more soreness I guess b/c I also took a good amount of Somas while drinking and that was my magic release for when i felt this way, but I think am pretty sure my body just is tryng to trick me b/c it wants that but isnt getting it so I am very sore, and am starting to see how much I will be dealing with my pain when I am completely done detoxing and maybe I am done and thats why I feel this way?

PAWS perhaps???

I know I will be going through a lot and have begun to help other with my fire and inspuiration for sobriety but I have to be honest when i feel bad as well and thats me today, I also did get the job I interviewed for yesterday which is the first I have gone into with that sober fire and excitement and pretty much was told I had the job but they told my recruiter I was a little too perfect and that they thought I was "overqualified" and would "get bored" or leave in a couple months when I got a better offer.

I felt better about it earlier just trying to tell myself that God is not giving me a job yet becasue He is trying to give me time to really straighten myslef out first and really have a clear hed so I can perfom wonderfully at whatever position I end up in so that I can not only get it BUT CAN KEEP IT!

I do feel a little crappy about the job tonight though b.c I have to take a step down from my hard core managment career I was previously in and need a 9-5 ish b.c I have a daughter and AM going to be a part of her life and the working 60-80 hours a wekk, days night and weekends jus tisnt going to work for me anymore no matter how much of a pay cut I will be taking.

I also need to keep my home and make money even if it is signifigantly less I need something to at least cintribute towards my mortgage, but I will try to focus on the fact God has a plan for me and it was not that job ass perfect as it seemed to me :( He must have someehtingg even better that is better suiter for my recovery :)
That has to be it right ?

Back to trying to read my book and watch TV as I really cant focus much today either and am kind of all over the place mentally but w/ no energy.

So Im off for now, hopefully by next check in Ill be feeling MUCH better.
Thanks Guys!
<3 Dreams!