Notices

New to the site and recovery

Old 05-10-2010, 12:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to the site and recovery

Wow! this place is just what I needed to find. I was looking for a smoking cessation chat and found all of you! I was supposed to start my first day of no smoking whatsoever and I smoked 4 cigs today. I am on my 8th day with Chantix. The medicine I guess is working but I still feel a need to smoke. I am really anxious and agitated. The morning didn't help with waking up late, burning my hand on the straightener, arguing with my husband, getting my daughter to school on time, etc. etc. ets. All of the things we call LIFE. However, on my quit day, could've used a lot less episodes! I have a pack of cigerattes in my purse that a friend got for me; only after she yelled and me and basically told me to grow some balls and stop using every excuse in the book to smoke! So, I have yet to open them! Hopefully I won't, even with smoking this morning, I am 6 1/2 hours without a cigarette, so I guess that is better than my usual 1/2 pack or so by now! Anyway, this is where I'm at and I hope to get better with each new day!
Old 05-10-2010, 01:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome to SR! It's great that you've decided to take care of yourself like that. As you know, dealing with addiction isn't easy. I wish you the best of luck!! I quit for 8 months a couple years ago, only to return to it. Right now, I'm just trying to stay sober, but I'll be checking out the Nicotene forum once I have some time under my belt. Stay positive!!
Old 05-10-2010, 01:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to SR! We have a quit smoking forum here, at the bottom of the index page. Give it a look.

Nicotine/Smoking - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 05-10-2010, 02:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR gottabefree
Good luck with the no smoking!

do check out our nicotine/smoking forum
D
Old 05-10-2010, 04:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome!

I am glad you have decided to stop smoking!