Notices

I don't know what to do, anymore.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:47 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Hang in there, shygirl. It will be even better tomorrow, but if you think you can't handle it, find a doc-in-a-box or a local clinic. I spent most of the first two days sitting in bed with my laptop on SR, drinking water, taking vitamins, and eating. You're not alone, and you're not hopeless. Let your husband take care of the kids as much as possible. You need a few more days to begin to feel better, so just tell them "Mommy's sick right now," and don't feel guilty - you ARE sick and you need to do the best thing for YOU in order to get better. Sending hugs your way........
Old 05-11-2010, 08:58 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Shygirl I see you are maybe (?) an expat, and that throws some additional issues into the mix. Being overseas, out of our own country, can sometimes encourage us to see all the solutions in our homeland and none in our foreign land.

If you are an expat, and I gather you might be because you mentioned being "all alone", don't forget we are all human and everywhere in the world people suffer from alcoholism.

I'm an expat too and I do attend aa meetings that are not in English. But we do have great English meetings here as well that I attend.

There are also online AA meetings for people who don't have access in their countries for their native language meetings.

I would, again, recommend a visit to your doctor and you might be surprised to find there are rehab facilities in your area that might serve you well.

Disregard my post....if you are not an expat....
Old 05-11-2010, 10:30 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Shygirl, I live in the caribbean much of the year and I TOTALLY understand that drinking is the national sport! Most people I know, drink every day and it is not considered excessive behavior there, whereas it definitely would here in the US.

But

I don't and others I have found, don't. I have immersed myself in these friendships. Yes, at parties, I am the only one (usually) not drinking, but nobody looks at me "funny" and, although it took a little while, it no longer fazes me. I choose activities that support my lifestyle choices: Yoga, meditation, etc and *****surprise, surprise***** there are others who share my interests. It may seem like everyone drinks, but, in fact, that is not the case....but you have to dig a little....

And

There is AA worldwide. It exists in our little patch of Paradise and I'm sure it does in the DR. Whether or not you choose the AA route is up to you, but it would be a good place to start for help and support.