Notices

It's a challenge every day to stay clean!

Old 05-08-2010, 02:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's a challenge every day to stay clean!

Well today makes 8 1/2 days that I have not touched pills. Needless to say, I feel awesome! Last Thursday night, it was supposed to be my husband and I together in this. But it just turned out to be me in the end. Every single day, I deal with the struggle of him using right in front of me. It's like he doesn't take my sobriety seriously or just doesn't care. BUT, I am staying strong... and I just keep reminding myself what I went through this past week... all the pain... uh!!!
Old 05-08-2010, 02:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you, Laura and stay focused on yourself. Your husband may see the changes in you and decide for himself that sobriety works.
Old 05-08-2010, 02:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I like your attitude. We are each responsible for our own recovery, our success or failure depends on us and us alone. I'm glad that you take your recovery seriously. It's worth it.

Welcome to SR!
Old 05-08-2010, 02:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope your husband will see the change in you and want that too
Congratulations Laura

D
Old 05-08-2010, 02:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Laura, just remember what control it had over you, I'm sure it's the same way for your husband but for whatever reason he's not ready, it's not bad enough, who knows why, for him to stop.

I'm sure it's got to be hard to sit there and watch that and I commend you for staying so strong. Congratulations on sticking to your plan and for coming so far, that's AWESOME!!!!!
Old 05-08-2010, 08:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by laura24 View Post
Well today makes 8 1/2 days that I have not touched pills. Needless to say, I feel awesome !

..... I am staying strong... and I just keep reminding myself what I went through this past week... all the pain... uh!!!

Recovery in sobriety for me is such a personal thing, ....it would be almost inconcievable, ( but certainly not impossible ) two people had exactly the same timetable. I agree with everyone , here that your sobriety may influence your husband , as he witnesses your life changing for the better.

Welcome to SR, ....this forum has helped me soooo much this past month.

Keep us posted how everythings going
Old 05-08-2010, 08:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations Laura. Glad you saw the light and let's turn over your husband's recovery to a higher power of your understanding. Good for you.