Notices

Simply new.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Me.

Simply new.

Hi there.

I'm a 24 year old female. This site was recommended to me by a couple of people that use it, I believe. I've been struggling with pills (various things but I always stuck with hydrocodones) since I was around 16. When I had started it had seemed like all fun and games but that's quickly changed over the past year or two.

Kind of recently I've realized that the pills I'm taking aren't strong enough for me anymore and I've been craving something more potent. This is what is leading me to trying to use this site. While I'm not entirely sure if I want to quit, I do not want to get worse and move on to stronger drugs, so I need to try to do something to get myself back on my feet.

My tolerance is rising quickly and so is my desire to move on to other things. I'm just not even sure where I need to start.

I guess I'll leave it at this. I'm not sure what else I need to say.

Thanks for reading.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I'm glad you are seeking support and information.

I believe that addiction is a progressive disease, so it's good you are aware of that.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Heathen

Hey bello Welcome!

There's a Substance Abuse forum too, if you'd like to peruse it: Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Glad you're here!
Old 05-07-2010, 09:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Me.

Thank you for the welcome.

I also believe it is progressive. I realize I've got myself on a slippery slope. And, no matter how much I hate to admit it, I'm scared of where this is heading for me. So even though I'm not sure if I'm ready for sobriety, withdrawals and other fun stuff, I need to do something soon.

I used to use heavily use tramadol. The withdrawals from that were horrible for me physically and mentally. At least I'm aware of some of the discomfort I'll eventually be dealing with. :\
Old 05-07-2010, 09:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome and it is great that you can recognize your addiction as a problem. I would suggest that you go to a meeting in your local area. And remember that you never have to use any drug again.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Scars,Souvineers we never lose

Please quite now! I esclated (after back surgery at 33) from hydrocodone to until last week ceasing shooting ocyxontin and roxycodone into my arms, me a mother and wife and "normal person" and an alcoholic (quitting today) or lets say quit that today.

When the need for more becomes more and it bocomes available (and for me I do have legitimate pain but know there are natural methods to help, but dont even know what the pain level is anymore b/c I have been numb for so long) I have also got really twisted emptional and took myself and my family places I never thought I would go, until last week I was able to do this while mainting a great career, a home, nice cars etc. but dont let it fool ypou, firs the need for more, and there is never enough b/c of tolerance, and now I have to rebuild my entire life inclusing finding a job for the first time since I was 16 b/c I walked out a couple weeks ago when I needed to get hig and snorting meds in the bathroom wasnt enough to do it anymore.
Just a warning. Slippery Slope is right, right to ruining your entire life. Sorry to sound so dramatic just woke up from a nap and my first day of not drinking and your story struck a chord.
Please help yourself. I relly hope to be here to see you do it!
Old 05-07-2010, 12:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SR Fan

There's alot of support here and you'll find new friends who can encourage you along the way. It will be easier to do it NOW than if you decide to wait. If you don't think you can handle the withdrawals, talk to a doctor or consider treatment. Your life can/will get better without the pills.
Sending a prayer your way.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome bellomello

I'll agree with everyone else who said it never gets better - glad you're working on it now.

D
Old 05-07-2010, 06:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the SR family. I'm glad you're doing something about your addiction before it gets worse.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome

I am so glad to hear that you are taking action on this now.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Welcome to SR. Keep coming back!
Old 05-07-2010, 11:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
...than never

This is a great place to get ideas and insights concerning addiction and recovery from people with experiences similar to your own. Stick around, you will learn plently.