Notices

Two-ton tubby

Old 05-06-2010, 10:15 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Thanks for the words of encouragement...everyone.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:19 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Bam, right now I am the heaviest I have ever been in my life, and that includes during both pregnancies! You are not alone.

I am not a happy camper about that.

However, I've started doing some things differently. I tend to drink coffee mornings/afternoons, and then it seems I do all my eating after 6 pm or so, too much eating, and the wrong foods!

I'm making myself eat earlier in the day. I quit buying tons of cookies and other snack foods at the store. My cupboards were always stocked with that crap.

I've gotten my steamer back out, started buying fresh veggies and fruit, and eating more fish.

The next step is getting myself out for a walk every day, even if it's around a couple of blocks.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:46 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I am sry you feel down Bam. I know what that feels like.
I feel like a big huge slob alot of times and hate it. But I dont do anything about it.
I figure food gives me comfort for now, better than getting high.
But for me that can be just as dangerous.
You do have us here. Maybe this is just a mood bump in the road. Hopefully you feel better soon.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:19 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

I went out for almost 2 hours with my camera today. It's nice out...I got a couple of pictures and sat and watched ducks (and 3 ducklings!). It was peaceful. Here's a blurry pic...photobucket always screws up the sharpness. Oh, well:

I'm still tired, but I'm hoping that will improve soon.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:38 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Wow....what an absolutely fantastic pix. I love ducklings. Thanks for sharing.

ddog
Old 05-06-2010, 06:33 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Thinking about you
Old 05-08-2010, 12:30 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi Bam!! Hope you are having a good day and know that I like you I come to SR daily and these fine folks are my friends so welcome!!

I love your duck shot. I am trying to improve my photography since I just treated myself to a camera. I go out walking by myself most of the time.

Have a good one!
Old 05-08-2010, 01:21 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi Bam
I hear you.
I too am the heaviest I have ever been, and it's not difficult to start feeling very low about it. I try to remember....sobriety first, then the sky's the limit. It can feel like standing at the bottom of yet another mountain with no quick answers in sight.

I love your picture, thats the 2nd one I've seen on here since yesterday that makes me feel like getting my camera back out from it's dusty box....Thank you.

Take care of yourself x
Old 05-08-2010, 02:54 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I sure can relate to having a major case of the F-its. !!!!!
My pattern was to get smashed and watch films. All day long.then, I would drunk eat. Just stuff myself with anything.
Gah!
It was a reflection of my desire to isolate, pull away from life and people.
I didn't want to have anything to do with anyone. Period.
I still want to isolate, even in recovery.

I hated going to every single meeting I went to last week. But, they helped.
At every single meeting someone said something that I needed to hear.
Do you have any place where you can go and talk to people Bam?

I don't push aa, I use aa. It is usually the best hour of therapy I can find. I highly recommend any and all resources, aa or not, for f2f communication.

I also have a therapist. Good job btw to get out and take some pics! Thanks for your rant, and thanks for your pic!
Old 05-08-2010, 03:05 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hope you're feeling better today Bam!
Old 05-08-2010, 03:50 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
No pity. No remorse. No fear

Hey Bam, it's OK to rant if that's how you're feeling, and if it helps. I was gonna get my Bootcamp voice on, but after thinking about it decided that those who know you better than I will know if that's what you need. Your therapist/group will know if you need your hand held, or need a hug, or simply need a boot in the @ss.

*This is NOT medical advice* Try changing your grazing habits; use fruit or vegies instead. If you're used to grazing on high-sugar snacks, then fruit would be better, due to its fructose content and you can gradually replace fruit with veggies. Also try nuts like almonds or macadamias. Drink heaps of water, up to 3 litres (just over 5 pints or 2.6 quarts) per day.

Start some exercise by simply walking, maybe around the block. I too love my laptop and games, and have been known to pull 10 -12 hour sessions. So I made a deal with myself, for every hour computing/gaming; I do 10 push-ups, 10 sit-ups and 10 body-weight squats (sometimes called deep-knee bends). That's about a 3 minute break every hour, so even a hard-core gamer should cope with that. And think about it; if you do a 10 hour session, that's 100 reps of everything! (If anyone reading this is a parent, try bargaining with your kids like this for their computer/gaming time). If you can't do 10 of each, no problem, start with what's comfortable, even if it's 3 or 5 reps, do the push-ups on your knees if you have to. The point is to get yourself moving, and you can do this in the privacy of your room.

Enough proselytizing from me. Hope things get better for you, and as someone else posted early in this thread; If nothing changes, then nothing changes.
Old 05-08-2010, 05:15 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

I should have posted an update. Oops.

I think my new med is working (still pissed at how expensive it is). I am feeling a little more awake, too. I'm not having suicidal ideations at all...and that alone is amazing. It's hard to do anything when those kinds of thoughts pervade your mind. To have that lifted is huge. I'm sure many of you know what I'm talking about.

I have therapy Monday.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:54 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

(((Bam))) Glad to know you're feeling better!

Love,

Lenina
Old 05-09-2010, 12:51 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Bamboozle Thanks for sharing. It helps to know that we are not alone in dealing with the illness of depression. I am so glad to hear that the medication is starting to work for you. That is a really good sign! We are so blessed to live in this time where we have access to such wonderful medications that allow us to really gain control of this thing! Thanks again for your share.