Notices

Thursday morning

Old 04-29-2010, 06:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thursday morning

Thursday morn and this is day 12 sober I am sitting here just trying to analyse my drinking.My wife who I love dearly for 34 years I dont think knows how bad my drinking was getting.I guess I crossed the line about 2 years ago and started drinking daily every day used to be a six pack but was getting to a 24 or 28 every two or three days drinking before work after work but not during work(although Iwas thinking about that)I went home to Scotland by myself for my sisters funeral Iwanted to go by myself so I could drink even took an ice cube maker from canada so I could have ice.Picked up a 40oz from duty free and polished most of it off in an evening.Then it was of to the corner store for whiskey every day didnt want to go out just drink.Back home I lay of the hard stuff as I know I could progress downhill very very fast.I know I have to quit and am ok with that.I was becoming obsessed with drinking and have such freedom now.To anyone who is struggling dont give up life is to be lived a gift to enjoy not to be in a drunken haze all the time.For me so many missed days with my wife daughter and grandaughter.Thank you Jesus for another sober day and please keep me in your hand today.Love you all......................jo
Old 04-29-2010, 09:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you Jo. Keep it up. You can certainly do it and your faith will help for sure. Dig deep and get into your spiritual side. It can only help you do this thing. Thanks for your post.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on twelve days sober! That's a great start to a better life.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you, Jo.

Your honesty and humility is heartfelt and inspiring. Surely the best way to keep it is to give it away to others, which you always do. Blessings.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by joleah View Post
started drinking daily every day used to be a six pack but was getting to a 24 or 28 every two or three days drinking before work after work but not during work(although Iwas thinking about that)
Oh man see the progression was taking hold. We all know or at least I know that it will never be the same again. It will get worse and worse even if we are not using.

From my own experience it will grow stay sober today!

Your doing good on day 12