Notices

Someone please help

Old 05-31-2010, 05:29 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

[QUOTE]I've gone to AA but that just made me more depressed /QUOTE]..

IMO.. there is a type of alcoholic that will not stay sober by just going to meetings and sitting on their hands

Cuddles dont work......."just dont drink" dont work......pats on the head and sympathy dont work either.

Sadly i believe thousands of alcoholics die beliveing that AA is about sitting in a cold church......telling war stories and living in the problem.

I know........i tried it for years and guess what..........i got drunk..over and over..

The 12 steps were written by drunks that had found a solution to the dilema of cant drink with success.......cant stay sober with success.

The 12 steps is....AA....imo.............and it became the solution, to me drinking myself to death and not wanting too.

Please go back to the meetings and grab someone that can help you work through the book "alcoholics anonymous"

Dont miss the elephant in the room as i did.........things began to change when i got busy with the 12 steps.......i didnt drink again...
for me it was like air to a drowning man..

If i can be of any help to you please pm me......names shaun.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:50 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sorry I haven't posted in a long while but life hasn't been to kind to me since my last posting. I've lost a few close family members and on the bright side I finally finished school and sucessfully obtained my RN. As far as the drinking it's still a problem I am not getting weekly thiamine injections as well as b12 and the vivitrol. My menstrual cycles are erratic some months they come every 30 days and so far this month I have gotten two. I have stopped drinking hard liquor but now my vice is wine. I just so sick of it all im really considering going on the antabuse. i feel this may be the one kick in the pants that I need to kick this habit. Plus im very unhappy in my current relationship and im ready to let that go as I realize that that is a trigger for me to drink as well. Im taking baby steps but have not given up on myself and hope you all haven't either. Im gonna post more on here and try use this as my outlet instead of riesling and chardonnay. Thanks to eveyone who was concerned and I will definately keep you all posted
Old 03-28-2011, 11:01 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mspryss69 View Post
Sorry I haven't posted in a long while but life hasn't been to kind to me since my last posting. I've lost a few close family members and on the bright side I finally finished school and sucessfully obtained my RN. As far as the drinking it's still a problem I am not getting weekly thiamine injections as well as b12 and the vivitrol. My menstrual cycles are erratic some months they come every 30 days and so far this month I have gotten two. I have stopped drinking hard liquor but now my vice is wine. I just so sick of it all im really considering going on the antabuse. i feel this may be the one kick in the pants that I need to kick this habit. Plus im very unhappy in my current relationship and im ready to let that go as I realize that that is a trigger for me to drink as well. Im taking baby steps but have not given up on myself and hope you all haven't either. Im gonna post more on here and try use this as my outlet instead of riesling and chardonnay. Thanks to eveyone who was concerned and I will definately keep you all posted

Don't lose faith. The next time you feel like having a glass of wine you should call someone who can understand that you need to distract yourself from wanting to drink. I know that there is no replacement for our vices- at least at first, but you have to make an effort. I am sending so many good thoughts your way, you can make it!
Old 03-28-2011, 11:17 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

thank you I need al thr prayers and positive thoughts sent my way im glad to know that you are all still here for me
Old 03-28-2011, 11:25 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back mspryss69

yeah - changing my drink never helped me either.
I had to stop putting the poison in me - full stop.

I'm glad you're back here and willing to give it a go again

D
Old 03-28-2011, 11:59 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Wow that was a long time ago you asked for help. It is good to try a new approach. Many ppl have told me with my frequent relapses that I need to stay clean but doing something different than I had before. They says something like this, if you keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep getting what you're getting (someone please help me on this one). Another cliche too, where there's a will there is a way. It's true though, so do it now, I mean why not now?
Old 03-29-2011, 02:04 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
ste
unlearning

Sounds like you're sick and tired, of being sick and tired.

A conscious decision to stop is not enough for me. Have to follow through by not drinking.

Everyone's path is somewhat different, and there is no easy way for us. I pray we all find our way.