Notices

I hate starting new threads....

Old 05-10-2010, 11:14 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

"No" sounds like a great plan. I have been saying "Yes" to a lot of sparkling water drinks. I am drinking way more than my friends... fortunately its Pelegrino water

It tastes better than beer & you dont feel like **** the next day :wink

Old 05-10-2010, 07:03 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Good Luck!!
Old 05-11-2010, 04:44 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

sparkling water.... never thought about that! i will try that next time.... i can only imagine what will be going threw the waitresses head when a fella covered in mud from head to toe orders "a sparkling water with a lime wedge, please".

I hung in there though these past two days.. they all were drinkin and da*n it, i am not going to say i didn't want one, because i really did... it's going to take a lot of work to stifle those feelings, i just got to stay on my toes, make sure i am not getting too "comfortable" ...

but i pulled threw and those fellas i think are respecting that.

Thanks Guys.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:04 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Another job well done!!! Keep it going.....I'm loving the progress. I have had a few situations come up where I was tempted....can't lie there but opted for the sauceless beverage.....aka soda. Man I wanted a fruity drink at dinner the other day in one of those funky hurricane glasses with the drink and my hubby is totally staring at me when the waitress comes and I go.....Oh sprite please with lime. Thanks!

Must find humor these days. Too bad most of my pals here don't get it. Shoot I think they like me better drunk.

I need more sober friends!
Old 05-11-2010, 06:10 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

me and you both kmber (sober friends) i mean, i know this is a ruff point in my life with all of it (coming to terms with the drinking), and granted it is a pisser sometimes, but for the most part i am exactly the same, but i feel better (alright, in super social settings, i feel awkward without a drink, but that is just something i have too deal with and is a silly excuse too pick up again). they all sorta "ask me permission in a way" if they can drink in front of me and all types of things, which is cool because i know they are just being respectful, but ya know, it makes ya feel silly in a way... they crack a beer, i don't start sweating or get urges, the only time they kick in is when i "stroll down memory lane" in my head.... that's the bugger right there for me... but that's the way it goes i guess. we dig our own ditches in this world, i am just thankful i can at least see what i need too do to get out of mine.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:40 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Good to hear you made it through those two days. I'm sure it wasn't easy. I've had to decline all social situations since I made the decision to be sober, but my real friends respect my decision.

Definitely feel ya'll (kmber &Gonzo) on the sober friend quest

Best of luck, you're doing great
Old 05-12-2010, 02:59 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GreatGonzoChops View Post
me and you both kmber (sober friends) i mean, i know this is a ruff point in my life with all of it (coming to terms with the drinking), and granted it is a pisser sometimes, but for the most part i am exactly the same, but i feel better (alright, in super social settings, i feel awkward without a drink, but that is just something i have too deal with and is a silly excuse too pick up again). they all sorta "ask me permission in a way" if they can drink in front of me and all types of things, which is cool because i know they are just being respectful, but ya know, it makes ya feel silly in a way... they crack a beer, i don't start sweating or get urges, the only time they kick in is when i "stroll down memory lane" in my head.... that's the bugger right there for me... but that's the way it goes i guess. we dig our own ditches in this world, i am just thankful i can at least see what i need too do to get out of mine.
Maybe order a Shirley Temple next time instead I also like to request an ice bucket to keep my big 'BAD BOY"bottle of sparkling water cold (you cant add ice to sparkling water... plus you look cool doing it lol. Dont forget about the how you felt after some of those "strolls down memory lane"

Take Care,

NB
Old 05-12-2010, 05:16 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

lol, those "strolls down memory lane" are usually what keep me from drinking after a couple minutes