SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   day 3 sober (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/199329-day-3-sober.html)

kyb5 04-21-2010 12:31 PM

day 3 sober

New here. Starting day 3 of being sober. It's hard but I've got to stick with it this time. Guess that's all I have to say at this point. Thanks for listening (reading).

kyb5 04-21-2010 12:45 PM

good to see so many success stories and uplifting posts. guess that's what i need because i basically don't have any support or at least not anyone that i want to talk to yet. so being anonymous on the internet is right up my alley. will definitely be visiting everyday.

FrancoSarto 04-21-2010 12:45 PM

Hi. Even thought it says I registered here a year ago, I only started posting a few days ago. I'm on day 11.

Spend some time reading posts around the forum. It's a great place.

least 04-21-2010 01:23 PM

Welcome to SR! :grouphug: I've always found the first few days to be the worst, withdrawals always kicked my butt. Congrats on three days sober. Keep it up, one day at a time.:)

CarolD 04-21-2010 01:28 PM

Congratulations on starting your new sobriety....:yup:
Welcome to our recovery community...:wavey:

Dee74 04-21-2010 01:38 PM

Welcome to SR kyb5 :)
Good to have you with us :)

D

Kmber2010 04-21-2010 04:46 PM

Welcome to SR and know we are here to support you on your road to recovery. It does get better.

All the best!

Reubena 04-21-2010 05:03 PM

Glad you are here with us! We share a common goal and people here provide much needed support.

topspin 04-21-2010 05:14 PM

Congrats on day 3 !

Come back and tell us how things are going for you from time to time,
........you'll always be welcome

This site has been a real life saver for me !

joleah 04-21-2010 05:53 PM

congrats on three days sober you sound like me anonimity and this site for support

Fritz66 04-21-2010 06:32 PM

Day 3 for me too!!

You are not alone! This site has been very inspirational - it gives me hope - I will be visiting frequently too

HumbleBee 04-21-2010 06:59 PM

Welcome Kyb and Fritz!

You've got support here - 24/7 - stay plugged in and post whenever you need/want to.

Sometimes just talking [typing] is a great stress reliever & sounding board.

Glad you're here! :grouphug:

AlbaStar 04-21-2010 11:59 PM

Hi Kyb and Fritz... congrats on day 3 :)

john0000 04-22-2010 12:22 AM

I am also in the same situation as you - on day three and not wanting to speak to anyone about my problems - lets hope we can do it!!

kyb5 04-23-2010 11:40 AM

Well I blew it. Didn't drink Monday or Tuesday. Wednesday had a 6 pack. Woke up Thursday morning feeling rested with more energy than I had the previous 2 days. Last night I drank a bunch. Got a crappy nights sleep and my heart was freaking out all night long. (I've got a heart condition that is aggravated by drinking. I know....why do I keep drinking then, right?)

I don't know why I can't get past day 3. I always give in the lie that "I can keep it under control this time". I feel like if I can get past day 3 then it will be somewhat downhill from there (not really but it would be a big hurdle).

Anyway....thanks for letting me vent.

Guess I'm starting over.....again....for the umpteenth time. :headbange

Dee74 04-23-2010 01:41 PM

Day 3 was a hurdle for me for a long time too kyb5 - I found committing one day at a time to 'I will not drink today' helped - that and honestly 'playing the tape through' and remembering where drinking takes me.

Sounds like you might need reinforcements tho - that heart condition thing is crazy.
Are you going to AA or some other recovery programme?

D

tallcactus 04-23-2010 10:31 PM

Start over, you can do this.
Dee gave good advice and it IS working for me so far.
Just start the day with ""Today, I will not drink.""
Do not even think about tomorrow or a life without alcohol, way to overwelming, Just focus on the day that you are in.
Change things up in your routine. Don't drive by your favorite beverage place.
Exercise, take up a new hobby, anything.
Glad to see another from Arizona, U can PM me anytime for support.

Kmber2010 04-23-2010 11:43 PM

I think we all reach that day early on where it is our breaking point....Oh I can't do this. I have had so many like that over the years I can't count. This is why all booze should be dumped from the house completely....I don't care if it is an extract or even Nyquil. Just get rid of it. When you feel that you make a drink run ignore it and do not go near that liquor store or aisle.

I have fallen so many times over the years I can not count. When I first found SR in January I made it almost 3 months before my relapse and after that bender I dumped the booze again, learning from it and sober again.

Take recovery one day at time and if you fall.....well dust off reset your sober clock and begin again and learn from it. You will get it my friend as you definitely are committed to it.....

Good Luck!

Robin66 04-24-2010 12:00 AM

Hi everybody, this is my first post. I've been reading this site for about 3 days. I've been reading the end-stage threads. I'm only on day 4. I wasn't going to post because I felt like I should be sober for a month or so before posting or I'd look like a fool, but I just discovered this beginner's thread. I was very wrapped up in the end-stage threads because I recently discovered after being educated that I'm heading down that road. I've been in deep denial for many years. I just got my first DWI and that is what woke me up. For me, that was my "bottom".
Just wanted to say Hi. I love this site and think it's going to be helpful. I also would like to tell a very short story: I hit and killed a cat yesterday. It ran out in front of me and I could do absolutely nothing to avoid it. The fact that I did not drink or smoke weed (I'm addicted to that too and my last use was the 14th....my last drink was the 19th) kind of proves to me that maybe I can really do this. For ME (animal freak) not to get drunk and/or stoned after killing a cat is UNBELIEVEABLE to me. I'm amazed.
OK, I'm done now. Sorry to ramble. I don't have anybody to talk to but my mother. Robin

Kmber2010 04-24-2010 12:14 AM

Welcome to SR Robin. There is so much support and information in this community and we are here for you. I think of the person who is 30 years sober who still attends AA.

Do not be afraid to start a new thread as I began my first on Day 1 because I just couldn't get through the anxiety and withdrawals that day.

Stay strong - Kim