Notices

Dedication to beating alcohol this time.

Old 06-11-2010, 03:36 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Ronan

D
Old 06-11-2010, 03:51 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Great job!
Old 06-11-2010, 04:37 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
SR Fan

60 DAYS - ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!
Old 06-11-2010, 04:54 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Dedication to beating alcohol this time....

Hi Ronan,

You have made my day with your posts today. I tend to be a little too serious but enjoy a good laugh or something that makes me smile no matter what mood I am in.

I can remember driving down the highway one day when the thought came to me that "being sober gives me the freedom to choose whatever I want to do with the rest of my life."

I tend to like security more than the unknown. I was starting my second year of sobriety & made the decision to go back to college to finish a BA Degree in Psychology. I had all of the classes done to enter a Nursing Program but changed my mind....which being sober made this possible. I couldn't ever remember feeling so good about what I wanted to do and here I was 49 years old & starting a new career....but anything is possible if you are willing to do what it takes & I learned this from the AA Program. :day6

I am retired & feel satisfied with how I finished out my working history....with the degree in Psychology I became a Geriatric Mental Health Counselor/ Case Manager....which took on the job training & other training offered out of town.

I had already worked ten years with the Elderly in different jobs & found them to be my very favorite people to help.

Now that my husband and I are Elderly we take care of each other...he was a Social Worker for 24 years working with the Elderly too....so we do know what to expect but not really ready to deal with it....we want to stay young forever but our bodies say no...just take it a day at a time.

I wish you the best ever sobriety...it takes what it takes & only we can do it for ourselves!

kelsh