Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

New person here with question about alternatives for dinnertime drinking

Notices

New person here with question about alternatives for dinnertime drinking

Old 04-22-2010, 04:18 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I don't drink any more while cooking (or at all for that matter ) and it WAS like a void was missing without my glass of wine there. I'm over it now.

The only time I do substituting is when I'm around friends or out with them and they're imbibing. I can suck down A LOT of diet coke cocktails, let me tell ya!!

Why not a warm cup of tea? Maybe a nice iced one for sipping if you feel you "need" something. There are tons of "mocktails" to make up for sipping, fresh fruit with chilled soda water maybe? With a squeeze of lime or lemon?

Welcome to SR, this is a great site for support and experience as I'm sure you are already very aware of already.
Old 04-22-2010, 10:48 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi there, wow I might actually be useful, i have some ideas for you. Ayurveda has some great ideas. So you can search yourself for recipes, but here are some ideas:

Combine in blender:
Mint leaves/dates/coconut/lemon juice/orange juice/pineapple juice/water
or go the lassi', yoghurt fruit blends, or hot apple cider - apple juice/orange/cinnamon/cloves
or ginger tea
grated ginger/honey/lemon/water

Ayurveda has loads of options, as they usually avoid alcohol

Drinks have been developed to accompany different dishes, hope this is helpful, I just wanted to give you some leads to get specifics on line. But if you have no joy message me

Im a lot like you, from your post, I hope it goes well for you, I hope we both persist and have great lives!