Notices

Support splashing from these pages!

Old 04-13-2010, 03:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Support splashing from these pages!

I just wanted to say that I have never thought it possible for an internet-forum to radiate such compassion and strenght. Now I know it is possible and I'm really feeling it.

I have been worried about going to a couple of events during the weekend of the 24th (too far to even worry about actually), but you will all "be there with me", that is a comforting idea.

Old 04-13-2010, 04:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thank you, Andi - that's just how I felt when I came here. It made a difference for me that I never would have believed. Now it's a daily necessity to keep me encouraged and uplifted.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

It really is a great place

D
Old 04-13-2010, 05:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

This is my 'home inside my home' to me too. I know I can come here for support and inspiration any time of day or night. That is such a relief.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think it can be both really inspirational and a good reminder! Plan ahead for the weekend you're worried about and go in with a great attitude...you'll do great.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for your inspiring words Andi! Yes it's definitely a comfort to know that everyone is 'with me' too and I'm definitely not alone - just a click away :-)
Old 04-13-2010, 01:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

SR is an invaluable tool in my recovery tool box.

Peace
Old 04-13-2010, 01:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I truly believe I would be back on the path to destruction without this place.

I am so happy that "the powers that be" in the universe found it in order when I was praying for help...crying out for help...that when I googled a question about alcohol killing me that this forum popped up.

When the weekend of the 24th comes around...write more to us about it. How you feel, what you think....and then gas up on the connection and the support offered here to take with you for the weekend. It's basically free petro...you only pay with your honesty and willingness.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yeah!

When thinking of SR during the day or thinking about some of the eye-opening posts I've read, I don't "see" faces (sometimes avatars hihihi) but more like a huge block of individuals and without wanting to sound all out-there...a lot of power comes from that.

And yeah Mirage, I'm really hoping I can come back from that weekend, screaming I did it!!

Ciao x
Old 04-13-2010, 01:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Houndheart View Post
I truly believe I would be back on the path to destruction without this place.

I am so happy that "the powers that be" in the universe found it in order when I was praying for help...crying out for help...that when I googled a question about alcohol killing me that this forum popped up.

When the weekend of the 24th comes around...write more to us about it. How you feel, what you think....and then gas up on the connection and the support offered here to take with you for the weekend. It's basically free petro...you only pay with your honesty and willingness.
Thanks HoundHeart,

I don't even remember what I was looking for when I stumbled on the site, but I'm also sure glad I did. And I've wondered, why didn't I ever find it before?...I guess the time was now.
Will definately kick it up a notch around the 24th.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

"I truly believe I would be back on the path to destruction without this place."

I'll second that Houndheart... and Andi this forum IS inspirational. There is a kind of synergy selflessly directed toward helping others and this synergy is infectious! I've also noticed there is huge compassion, understanding and tolerance here, the type of compassion that arises from experiencing the depths of alcoholic despair.
I was on that path to destruction for such a long time, and it's people like you and the SR community who have helped pull me out of the mire. I was also in alcoholic despair when I googled alcoholism and found SR. Like you, HH, I also put this out to the Universe, and it steered me toward SR. I think it would be hard to find another site that has affected so many people's lives in such a positive way. Thank you.